Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: London, England 2-20-08

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Wow, MF, what a wonderful review, and although we chatted about it you've still remembered moments I had missed - and as for that last experience!!!

I was touched by your emotion on the flight back. How amazing that they played LROOE!!
    Thanks, GEF! In fact, they didn't play the album as such - I was able to select it from a menu on the little screens they have for each person (behind the plane seats). Needless to say, it brightened up my extremely long and uncomfortable flight!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Well MF, that was a great review and such a pleasure to read. It certainly brought back more than a few happy memories, and it was wonderful that Glenn acknowledged your love and support so publicly! You have such an eye for detail.
    Thanks, GA! I'm glad it brought back memories for you - what a fabulous time we had doing it together! Don't forget, though, that Glenn paid attention to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Magnificent, MF. Thank you so much. You deserved every wonderful minute.

As for the recognition - now you know what it's like. It's fun, isn't it?
    Wow, FP, thank you! It was only a pleasure to share it with you.

As for the recognition, I think "fun" is probably an understatement! I can't remember if I smiled at him - I just looked at him with saucer eyes and utter disbelief!

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Awwwww, Mrs F, that reveiw was just wonderful! I felt like I was right there beside you while reading it and enjoying every moment you described! I'm so glad you got to go!

I remember my first time to see them, too, and remember the wonder of just being in the same room with them was such an awesome feeling!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience.

Yes MF, your review is great. I had the same wave of emotion as you did when the band first appeared on the stage. I couldn't believe I was really there.

You know what they say - you never forget your first time!!! For me that quote can now only relate to an Eagles concert.

I'm still having heart flutters even now.

LOL

Steph
    Thanks, Steph! I can't wait to read YOUR review - you're keeping us in suspense there, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    What an amazing review of an amazing night! Thank you so much, MF. I'm so happy for you! Like DF says, the first time is always special, but how many people get such good seats and a wink from their favorite their first time? Not many! I know I didn't when I first saw them in Sacramento 2005! I did, however, often turn to PLS and we would both gasp, "He's so hot!" Sound familiar?

Thanks again!
    Awww, thanks Soda! It was such a pleasure to share it with you! I do consider myself very fortunate to have got a great seat (although to be fair I paid enough for it! ) and the recognition from Glenn was incredible .

GA and I certainly did our share of gasping at the show, so I can totally identify with you there!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

GEF, GA, and MF - I'm still trying to catch up on posting in a lot of threads. I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed all of your reviews, comments, and pictures. Thank you all for an outstanding job!!! I am thrilled for all of you that you had such a wonderful experience at the London show, and I totally understand the PEW/PGW. Unfortunately, that probably won't ever completely disappear if you all are like me!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'm glad you enjoyed the review, Dreamer! Rest assured that we are certainly like you in that we're all going through some pretty serious PEW/PGW! (One blush for each of us ) And it has shown no signs of abating!

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

What an awesome review! I'd never had remembered all those details... as I'm sure they would have gone by in a flash and I'd one remember one thing...Glenn's winking.

I have to admit, the ONE thing that ANY man can do, hot or ugly, is to wink at me... it makes me weak in the knees...

You lucky, lucky lady!

LTL, thanks so much for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

Truth be told, I didn't think I would remember much - I thought I'd be overcome with emotion and forget half of the show! As it turned out, I should not have underestimated myself. I kept a clear head, despite being beside myself with excitement, and after a day or two, was able to sit down and write a review. It all just came flooding out!

As for Glenn's winking - yes, I am very, very lucky. To be picked out of 20,000 people to be winked at is truly something special, and I will love Glenn for the rest of my days just for that.

I hope it will happen to you too, one day soon!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I hope it will too! A special 'Glenn moment' is something to savour!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP