Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: London, England 2-20-08

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well MF, that was a great review and such a pleasure to read. It certainly brought back more than a few happy memories, and it was wonderful that Glenn acknowledged your love and support so publicly! You have such an eye for detail.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Magnificent, MF. Thank you so much. You deserved every wonderful minute.

As for the recognition - now you know what it's like. It's fun, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Awwwww, Mrs F, that reveiw was just wonderful! I felt like I was right there beside you while reading it and enjoying every moment you described! I'm so glad you got to go!

I remember my first time to see them, too, and remember the wonder of just being in the same room with them was such an awesome feeling!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience.

Yes MF, your review is great. I had the same wave of emotion as you did when the band first appeared on the stage. I couldn't believe I was really there.

You know what they say - you never forget your first time!!! For me that quote can now only relate to an Eagles concert.

I'm still having heart flutters even now.

LOL

Steph

It was actually my second gig but the feeling was just as strong even though I went with higher expectations than the previous one. Nevertheless I was still blown away and had my own bit of 'Glenntact' as well. That was special. It was a night I'll never forget either and I want more! Badly!! And SOON!!!!!!!!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

What an amazing review of an amazing night! Thank you so much, MF. I'm so happy for you! Like DF says, the first time is always special, but how many people get such good seats and a wink from their favorite their first time? Not many! I know I didn't when I first saw them in Sacramento 2005! I did, however, often turn to PLS and we would both gasp, "He's so hot!" Sound familiar?

Thanks again!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I did, however, often turn to PLS and we would both gasp, "He's so hot!" Sound familiar?

Thanks again!
    THAT comment sounds VERY familiar Soda . I think you can safely say you know 2 girls who used it qiote a lot last Thursday night!

Another one was...........
    ..........I can't believe he'll be 40 in November..................
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Wow! MF, I'm so impressed with your review! I started crying during the part when you were writing about when the guys were taking the stage and how you were in disbelief that the time had finally come! I had to read much of the first part of the review "through a veil of tears." I finally pulled myself together only to start crying again at the end when you were crying on the plane! I can so understand what you must've been feeling! Just reading about the concert, seeing the pictures, and especially seeing the clip of Desperado, has turned me into an emotional wreck. I don't know if I can be patient enough to wait until they come to Michigan. I'm soooo happy for you that you got to see them, that it was an awesome experience AND that Glenn made eye contact with you! I bet you're still floating!
    Awww, Katherine, thank you! I didn't realise that my review would touch anyone as much as it's touched you! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it so much. Yes, I was an emotional wreck on the plane after the full impact of the concert and the trip finally hit me. I couldn't believe that I'd done it. It was a really big deal for someone who has never travelled until now. And you are right: I am still floating! I've grown a pair of wings! I'm wearing white today!

I hope you get to see the boys soon. I haven't even had time to watch the video clips yet, apart from GA's videos. I'll try to do so soon.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    WOW! That was an amazing review. I love it that Glenn acknowledged your shout out - Ha! I would of died right there
    Thanks, TBSF! I'm not sure that he heard my calling out to him, though - I think he'd had his eye on me (and GA) during the course of the show, and wanted to acknowledge my enthusiasm overall. Yes, my heart just flipped!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Fabulous review, Mrs. F!

The first time is always very, very special. We have all thought the same thing the first time we saw them--"I can't believe I am actually seeing them in person, that they are actually 10 feet away from me!"
    Thanks, DF! Coming from a writer, that means a lot! It's nice to know that you can identify with my emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Awwwww, Mrs F, that reveiw was just wonderful! I felt like I was right there beside you while reading it and enjoying every moment you described! I'm so glad you got to go!

I remember my first time to see them, too, and remember the wonder of just being in the same room with them was such an awesome feeling!

When I got to meet Don, I thought I might just break down in tears right there in front of him, but thankfully held out till later.

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience.
    Thanks so much, Brooke! I'm glad you felt like you were there while reading my review - that's probably what I was trying to achieve while writing it. Of course, I'm so jealous that you got to meet Don , but I can well understand how you felt in his presence! I'd feel the same, but it would be even more difficult to control my emotions in Glenn's presence!