Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eagles to Hard Rock & Roll

Sounds like my kind of rollercoaster! Not so sure about snakes and scorpions though.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Well, the park is now in a "soft" opening so they can work out the kinks, so whatever caused the delay will surely be fixed.
    And if this coaster is a little milder than some coasters, that is fine with me! Every single coaster can't be completely mind-bending--they need a few in-between rides, too.

There's a more complimentary review of the park here.

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/...cle3898628.ece

The Eagles get a mention!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

More press on the Hard Rock Park, from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The Hard Rock Park is the first major amusement park to open in America in a decade. It is the first amusement park ever partially designed by rock stars. The park's three signature rides have partnerships with iconic rock bands — The Eagles, The Moody Blues and Led Zeppelin.

"Everybody has had input on their attractions," said Jon Binkowski, Hard Rock Park chief creative officer. "The bands are intimately involved with this."

Led Zeppelin-The Ride is a 3,738-foot roller coaster with a 120-foot-high loop and top speed of 65 mph. "It was so fast it made water come out of my eyes," said 15-year-old Blake Holt.

It's a 90-second ride. But band members insisted riders hear the entire 5:33 of their first U.S. hit. The entrance and exit of the roller coaster had to be redesigned to comply with the band's demand. "That was a long process," Binkowski said. "It took us about three years."

The Eagles and The Moody Blues, on the other hand, went back to the studio to record new versions of old hits specifically for the Hard Rock Park rides. Members of The Eagles "wanted to score the music to the ride," Binkowski said.

The musicians used computer animation of the roller coaster and video taken from the point of view of the riders to guide them in recording a customized version of "Life in the Fast Lane." The ride is about two minutes long, but less stomach-churning than the loops and corkscrews of Zeppelin-The Ride.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Next Saturday I will be on my way there. I am SO looking forward to this!

Default Hard Rock Park

I had hoped to join you there DF, but things are not working out for us. I know you'll have a great time and can't wait to hear all the details. I know you'll be busy focusing on Don, but give a shout out to Timothy for me.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I'm sorry that you won't be going to see the Eagles, Becky. Maybe there will be another opportunity for you to go. I'll be holding thumbs for you.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I'm sorry you won't be able to join us too, Becky!
    But you never know what will happen in the future--as they continue to tour, they may come back to Tennessee and you can get to see them then.

Df, this is very exciting! How I wish we could be there as well. I do hope the awful weather you have been having has blown over by then.

rckn, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this time. I hope you do get a chance to see the guys this summer.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh yes, Becky! I hope you get to see them nearer your own home as well. You deserve to!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

The time is finally here--my daughter and I leave tomorrow for the Hard Rock Park!