Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles to Hard Rock & Roll

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Becky, I am considering making the trip as well, but don't know for sure at this point. I hope to decide within the next couple of weeks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Good grief, DF, I only got to this thread now - and I missed so much! Thanks for sharing that information with us. I hope everything works out for you! It all sounds very exciting!

Becky and Dreamer, I hope you'll be able to go too!

I don't know anything about the Hard Rock Cafes, and it seems I've missed out. I seem to recall that Cape Town had a Hard Rock Cafe at the V&A Waterfront some years ago, but despite being a reasonably regular visitor to the Waterfront over the years (I've performed there several times, apart from just visiting), I never got around to going there. It's no longer there (I have no idea why ).

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    My son has an Orlando t-shirt - does that count?

GA & MF, we should consider a meet up at the Hard Rock London, but I realise we'll all be pressed for time.
    GEF, this is a good idea. Now that I've read this thread, I'm very keen to go. I'm sure we can make a plan. Thanks for the suggestion!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

I've been kicking around the idea of going, as well. I've been on the website for the Hard Rock Park and it looks amazing. Tickets would be pricey, but I guess you just have to take advantage of all the things that are available in the park over those 2 days.

I love rides, and if you go on the website, you can click on the different attractions and see what some of the attractions have been named. In the Cool Country area of the park, there's a rollercoaster named "Eagles Life in the Fast Lane". I haven't been on a rollercoaster in 10 years, but that is one that I would have to attempt!

I've decided to go. It seems like great fun, and a bargain compared to other shows with all the extras you get. For $100 more than face value at other concerts, you get two day's park admission, free parking, a chance to see the Moody Blues as well, a free meal, free coffee and dessert afterwards, and more! It's like ILAA 4-star at half the price.

Be mindful, though, that there are 15 rows of VIP seats ahead of where the General Admission starts. Our dreams of showing up early to get first row are not gonna happen. I still think it's worth it, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Hard Rock Park

I agree with you SodaScouts, it seems like quite a bargain to me also. Just having a hard time talking myself into spending the money. But what a great family vacation it would be. I'm not keen on rides myself, but how cool would it be to ride the LITFL ride? Since there will be at least 15 rows of VIP seating, hopefully the stage will have screens set up so that those of us waaaaay back can see the guys. Has anyone heard who will be playing in the golf tounament....like maybe Glenn?????
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I've thought about Glenn doing the tournament too - I guess it depends on the timing of it. No word yet. I think we might not know 'til we get there.

I'm a huge roller coaster fan. Before Houston's Astroworld closed, my oldest friend and I went there once a year from the time when we were in elementary school together and Mom had to drive us, to when we were grown-ups and she was the mom taking her kids along with us. I was so depressed when it closed a couple years ago - it was the end of an era!

Going on a LITFL ride should be pretty darn cool - let's hope it's a awesome roller-coaster with a lot of big hills and not one of those lame, super-short ones that throw you around roughly for 90 seconds and you're done with bruises to boot.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm glad you have decided to go, Soda! I'm looking forward to another grand adventure with you.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You girls have a great time. I hope you have as good a time as we did. Who knows! With the €uro so good against the dollar at the moment maybe opne or two of us might get over from Europe!
    (I'm working on the other half ..... but I'm not getting very far this time )
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I wanna go!!!!!!!!!! I wish they'd announce some kind of tour plan so I would know what to plan around!lol

Default tour plan

I'm with you on that Maleah. I figure they will come some where near me eventually and would like to wait for that, but the Hard Rock Park thing is such a great idea and would be so much fun for the whole family that I'll probably end up going. I can just imagine the crowds! Since there is no seating except for the VIP section, it may be difficult to actually see anything, but what excitement will be in the air! I'm thinking I should go ahead and buy the tickets in case they are sold out when June gets here, wouldn't want to miss out at the last minute. I'm sure you're right about not knowing who'll play in the golf tournament SodaScouts. I would guess with all the work getting ready for the concert that night, it would be difficult for Glenn to golf that day and still be up to performing that night.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.