Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles to Hard Rock & Roll

My son has an Orlando t-shirt - does that count?

GA & MF, we should consider a meet up at the Hard Rock London, but I realise we'll all be pressed for time.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    My son has an Orlando t-shirt - does that count?

GA & MF, we should consider a meet up at the Hard Rock London, but I realise we'll all be pressed for time.
    I'd love to GEF, but I'll have the others to consider as well! We'll see.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Its out of the question for us particularly as we've put all our eggs in the London basket.

Unless......our state lottery is up to 11m on Saturday night . I've already bought tickets for that!

If you do manage to go DF I hope you enjoy it.

GEF I was in Hard Rock in Boston in 1989. I loved it. Must try Dublin
    WOW! I haven't even been to one

Hard Rock Cafes are really fun places. Whenever I travel I always try to visit if there is one nearby. The food is good and the t-shirts are cool--each cafe has a different design, and they change them every year. It is fun to look at the memorabilia inside, and of course I always look for Eagles stuff. I have seen signed guitars by Joe Walsh in HRC's in New York and St. Louis, and a guitar signed by Don at the HRC in Destin Fl. Plus, I bought one of Don's "Signature Series" Hard Rock t-shirts, where the proceeds were designated for Walden Woods.

I have personally visited and bought t-shirts from the cafes in New Orleans, Orlando, Destin, Nashville, Atlanta, New York, Washington D.C., St. Louis, Memphis, Gatlinburg, and San Francisco, and friends have brought me back t-shirts from Los Angeles, Lake Tahoe, Houston, London, Honolulu, Bangkok, Singapore, Bejiing, Rome, and the Philippines.

And I can't wait to see the design on the shirt from the new Hard Rock Park! I hope they have one with the Eagles on it to commemorate the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Plus, I bought one of Don's "Signature Series" Hard Rock t-shirts, where the proceeds were designated for Walden Woods.
    Ooh, I didn't know there was a Henley Hard Rock shirt! How cool! If possible, could you take a photo of it and upload it? I'd love to see it!

And I can't wait to see the design on the shirt from the new Hard Rock Park! I hope they have one with the Eagles on it to commemorate the occasion.
    That would be very cool indeed. You'd HAVE to get one!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'll be glad to post a pic of Don's Hard Rock shirt.

BTW, hopefully I will be getting a souvenir tee shirt with my ticket to the grand opening of the Hard Rock Park. Here's some more info about the event:
    ----------------------

Tickets for the Extravaganza are $250. Tickets include park admission for June 2 and 3, admission to both The Eagles and The Moody Blues concerts, admission to the celebrity golf tournament, free parking, a food and beverage package, a souvenir package.

----------------------
    Regular park admission is $50 a day, so I get two days admission, some food and drinks, souvenirs of some sort, the chance to follow the golfers around, AND two concerts for $250. That's not bad!

Wow! That sounds like a great deal!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Hard Rock Park

Wow, how did you find out the cost so fast DonFan? This sounds like something I definitely want to go to...and could take the kids. I wonder if the concerts will be full length or just teasers?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I emailed the contact on the park's website.
    ---------------------------------------
    This is from MyrtleBeachOnline:

The Eagles will play June 2, and The Moody Blues will play June 3 after christening a ride set to the band's hit song "Nights in White Satin." Both bands are set to go on stage at the park's amphitheater at 9 p.m., a representative said.

The park, which bills itself the world's first rock 'n' roll theme park, has been promising big-name bands to celebrate its inaugural year. Hard Rock Park will be the first major theme park in an area long known for its beaches and golf courses.

The regular park ticket, which costs $50, will not double as a ticket for the concerts. On the day of the Eagles concert, the park will close at 6 p.m. On the day of The Moody Blues concert, the park will be open until its usual time at 10 p.m. That means the park will still be open while The Moody Blues are on stage, so park-goers can listen - from afar. The live amphitheater stage area will be blocked off for ticketed people only," he said. "If you're in the park, obviously, you're going to hear the concert."

The park is scheduled to open to a limited number of people on April 15, with an official opening May 9. The grand opening celebration will be June 2 and 3.

She said the park was excited to land the Eagles. "They're a legendary rock band," she said. "They are making a new comeback with a brand new album. The Eagles are spread across genres and generations. We always have the ability to go after a large range of bands. ... We hope to attract the new and upcoming bands in the future."
    -----------------------------------------

I was trying to determine if the park would indeed be open the day of the Eagles concert, so my family can ride the rides during the day before the concert. From this, it looks like they are closing the park and then reopening it just for the Eagles, but the park will be open during the Moody Blues.

Default Hard Rock Park

Thanks for the information DonFan. After I posted I did a little research (duh!) myself and got pretty much the same info, except it said the park would close at 8 pm the day the Eagles play. I was holding out for a ticket to the Georgia concerts (I found a pretty reasonable one in the Orchestra section), but I feel guilty spending so much money on myself....even if it is to see the Eagles . If we go to the Hard Rock Park, the kids will have a blast and we can all go to the concerts, so it's a win win situation for me....except for the 1,400 mile drive. Of course, many of the fans here and abroad are travelling much further so I shouldn't about such a short distance. I also read somewhere that there would be no seating available, hopefully if that's the case we can bring in our own lawn chairs. Of course, I'll probably be standing up dancing with everyone else, so it won't really matter! Any one else considering a trip to South Carolina?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.