Before I begin, I would, again, like to thank Soda and Dreamer for all the hardwork! This post wouldn't be possible without the efforts from both of you!

Now, the celebrations for The Long Run were there recently in The Border. In the light of this, I'd like to make this thread. Frankly speaking, this album's songs' variations are not too much. The Eagles, when live, particularly were pedantic on the way they were performed (at least to me). Hence, sometimes one may think that listing out live versions is superfluous. This is where the older albums had the edge: chances for more interesting variations.

Again, just like the previous ones, ANY version goes.

1. The Long Run- 1980 Santa Monica (July 29th bootleg):
I personally feel that The Long Run had way more RnB feel with the additional saxophone; it feels elevated. And in that regard, this night's performance was epic. Phil Kenzie absolutely rips it off here. The slide was slightly extended as well. Nothing comes close to this for me. Quality is fantastic for an audience recording, an A- for me.

2. I Can't Tell You Why- 1980 Santa Monica (July 29th bootleg):
When I talk about lack of differences, this is one of those songs. Not too different from the record. However I like the more prominent synthesizer and the meatier guitar from Felder. The record's was too tame for my liking. Tim sang well, though this song was not too testing for him at the time.

3. In the City (Joe Walsh cover)- 1980 Santa Monica
The record version was always lacking something when I first listened to it. And when I listened to this version and 1980 The Forum, I realized that rawness was missing. A lot. Thankfully, the live versions are way better. The guitars are more in your face. The double neck sounds great here. Joe was very on point with the vocals. I also feel that this is a song which can be covered well without ruining the integrity of the original.

4. The Disco Strangler- no other version known

5. King of Hollywood- 1980 Santa Monica:
Lol Santa Monica 1980 repeated everytime. This has great recordings of multiple songs, that's why. Anyways, as for this song's version, I like the more in-your-face guitars again, and Walsh slightly changes up the ending solo. The falsetto by Glenn is also quite prominent, which I like.

6. Heartache Tonight- 1980 The Forum (soundboard version):
Not my most favorite song from the album. This does rock a lot though. The mix is raw. But nothing else to say really.

7. Those Shoes- 1980 The Forum (soundboard version):
Epically nasty version! The guitars are raw and distorted here. Though there is one confusion: who actually plays the solo? Walsh or Felder? Eitherway, the solo itself was awesome. The raw mix was the cherry on top.

8. Teenage Jail- no other version known (though I wish 1979 Capital Center's recording would exist so badly)

9. The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks- 1979 Chicago:
Not a favorite at all. But, rawer so my favorite version. Though 1979 Las Vegas would be my favorite if it didn't fade. Interestingly, Soda has another version which nobody has.

10. The Sad Café- 1980 Santa Monica:
Beautiful version. The ending saxophone was really moving by Phil Kenzie. Vocals were fantastic as well.