corsec,, I know you would like more concrete memories. Truthfully, I would too! You have to remember though, that it was a very different time and place back in the seventies. We didn't have access to set lists and such from other concerts to have an idea of what was going to be played. We didn't have even much info about the band at the time. We looked at the names on our albums, but by the time we saw them, the cast of characters had changed! The first time I saw them, Bernie was still in the band and Felder was added. The second time I saw them, Joe was in and Bernie was out. The third time, Randy was gone and Tim was in. My fourth show had the same band members as the third. Add to this, no big screens at the time, so you saw the guys, but not as larger than life like in the later years.

I do believe that you are probably right about Midnight Flyer being played. Like I said, many names were mixed up in the review. Could be when they were all standing out front the reviewer didn't catch that Randy was singing lead. He was totally in the spotlight during TITTL. Also, the photographer sent me a couple of pictures from that night with Felder clearly playing banjo, so probably during Midnight Flyer.

I totally get that for some, especially young fans, TIE and TITTL are cliché. You came to be an Eagles with the whole catalog available and you pick and choose your favorites, generally HC era it seems. TITTL is probably one of the best live performances I've heard. TIE is what made me into an Eagles fan back then. Hearing it at the beginning of a concert was so special, signaling that the Eagles are here and a great night is about to begin! The only thing I can compare it to is the playing of the national anthem before a big sporting event. It gets everyone ready and in the moment.

Sorry again that I can't be of more help to you. Most of my Eagle memories are in my heart, of the overall feel and experience of show. If I'd had known there was going to be a pop quiz 40 something years later, I would have taken notes, LOL! You and many on this board are much better students of the Eagles than I. You'd hands down beat me in Eagles knowledge and trivia. I just listened to the albums, went to concerts and loved them.
S