Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Woman in Me

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Dang, I missed it. Now to try and track it down. What is it with Joe and The Beatles lately?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Great find! They cut it off in the middle of Joe's bow, though.

When they show Olivia Harrison in the audience, the woman on the right behind her is Joe’s current girlfriend Marjorie--the sister of Ringo Starr’s wife--and I think the younger girl on the other side is Lucy Walsh.

Gee, if Joe marries Marjorie, that would be linking the two greatest bands in history (IMHO)—the Beatles and the Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Great find! They cut it off in the middle of Joe's bow, though.

When they show Olivia Harrison in the audience, the woman on the right behind her is Joe’s current girlfriend Marjorie--the sister of Ringo Starr’s wife--and I think the younger girl on the other side is Lucy Walsh.

Gee, if Joe marries Marjorie, that would be linking the two greatest bands in history (IMHO)—the Beatles and the Eagles!
    What is it about Beatle wife sisters and great bands? While Pattie Boyd was married to George Harrison, her sister was married to Mick Fleetwood!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I got the entire thing on tape, including the ending where Joe is clowning with the audience and when Celine walks down and kisses Olivia Harrison. I thought it was a very touching performance, and it looked liked Olivia was very moved.

Personally, I'm not crazy about all of Celine's music, but I think she has an amazing voice, and there are several of her songs that I like a lot.

I also got the shots of Joe in the audience at the Grammy's on the same tape. I'll send the tape to Soda so she can put them up on the site.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I caught the show, too. I'm not a fan of Celine, but she does have a wonderful voice.

That's great that Joe was willing to do this with her. He appeared very humble on stage. I loved his hamming it up on the way off, too. He looked fantastic!

I thought the woman behind Olivia was his current flame. Thanks for confirming that DF.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Great song and performance! I'm also not a big fan of Celine but her voice is wonderful. And Joe looks great. I'm looking forward to watch the entire video. Thanks Soda and Dreamer.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That was great. If you go to the second video on the list of Celine and Joe you do catch the end where he goofs around. Joe has been looking really great lately - Marjorie must be good for him.

I seem to have a lot more time for The Border these days, so I'm catching up with threads that I didn't have the pleasure of reading through before.

I can kick myself about not making a point of reading this thread - the show was finally screened in South Africa on our pay channel, M*NET, last Thursday night and again yesterday afternoon. I didn't catch it on Thursday night as I'm not a Celine Dion fan and I was otherwise occupied. Little did I realise that Joe was on the show too - boy, would I have broken my legs to watch if I'd known!

Well, the surprise came yesterday. When I heard the repeat was on, I decided to have a look, and then it was announced that Joe was to perform "Something" - I just squealed with excitement! It was a particularly emotional moment for me - I didn't even consider how well the song would suit (or not suit) Celine's voice. All I cared about was hearing Joe play the famous guitar accompaniment. Joe Walsh plays George Harrison - it doesn't get more emotional for me than that. One of my two favourite guitarists paying tribute to the other.

Given that Joe agreed to the performance on the last minute and played so flawlessly is testimony to his greatness. I nearly cried watching him. He looked so handsome too! I can't even recall Celine's vocal!

I enjoyed Joe's clowning at the end of the show. It was a lovely moment went Celine went to hug Olivia Harrison - she seemed so pleased with Joe's rendering of George's genius during the solo. I got a little jealous when Celine hugged Joe!

I was upset that I didn't have a cassette to record the show, but now I see that it's on YouTube! Thanks for the link, Soda!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Dreamer has also recorded this for us - I've been meaning to get it up for download. I'll do so this week!