I don't think there's a thread specifically for this topic yet...

I've seen many posts in the various threads about Don, Tim and Joe being 70 and the state of their singing voices. Some of these are really mean-spirited sentiments, suggesting that they guys have brought on performers to support their dying voices. I try to never judge how something sounds by iPhone videos on youtube. From published professional reviews to the posts of Borderers who attended a show, it seems like they're sounding great. (Don had some trouble with OOTN in the first show but some reports have it as technical audio problems and he was right back in form the next night.)

The guys don't use backing vocal tracks, at all, either for the solo-sung versus or for the choruses, unlike so many of the major touring artists today, the vast majority of whom are a few decades younger. (Also, go see WF's new review of Don Felder's recent show) I think their singing voices are just as strong live in an arena show as any artist out there, or, are as good at performing their own songs up to a certain level of competence as anyone else. I'm not saying they have the best technical voices in the world. I'm curious if someone who saw a show on the HFO tour will see one of these shows and can compare, I actually don't think the guys have lost much, and I wouldn't think they've lost anything since HOTE.

Whether they are on a solo tour or an Eagles 3.0 tour, I think the guys' voices are in fine fettle, and have no reason to think they won't be for years to come if they take care of themselves and their God-given instruments. I just really want to have a thread dedicated to the quality of their singing performances as experienced by those in attendance, hopefully we will get new posts here as people attend shows. (if they don't sound good, it's OK to say!)