Page 23 of 92 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about that?

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Thank you Shun!
    I don't know much about Lucy is she the sweet little girl in the HOTE documentary hugging Joe? Leah Felder I do know is married to one of the Jenner sons who is a musician and performs/records with Leah who plays guitar too and is also a singer.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Default Re: Looks like The Band is on a full fledged tour next year! How do you feel about th

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Thank you Shun!
    I don't know much about Lucy is she the sweet little girl in the HOTE documentary hugging Joe? Leah Felder I do know is married to one of the Jenner sons who is a musician and performs/records with Leah who plays guitar too and is also a singer.
    Yes. That was Lucy. She's a redhead now. She was on a MTV show called Rock the Cradle where she placed 4th behind Kenny Loggins and Dee Snider's (of Twisted Sister) sons and Olivia Netwon-John's daughter. I watched it when it first came out.

Also had a guest appearance on Criminal Minds I think back in 2016 (Joe was also in the episode at the end) and in a movie called Mother's Day that starred Julia Roberts. I think Lucy said she wanted to focus more on her acting career than her singing career. She has a beautiful voice.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-07-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    What are the issues?

1) Should a version of the band continue to play without Glenn?

2) High ticket prices.

3) Should they have backup musicians, off-stage musicians, backing tracks in order to them sound good live?

4) Should they give special opportunities to their children?

The first has been done to death. I'm not keen on the idea but it doesn't hurt me if they do. People close to the band and to Glenn have come around to the idea, so who am I to object? I just don't feel a strong desire to see this version.

They charge what people will pay. I don't have to have to buy tickets and this is where a lack of desire to see them works for me.

They've been using extra musicians since the late seventies. It allows them to play music that they couldn't if it was just the "Eagles". In the 70s, they could pull most of it off with just four of them, but with age comes wear and tear on voices, fingers and backs. If they want to maintain quality, they need help. There's nothing more sad than seeing a once-famous performer who no longer has a voice. We hope they are honest by showing us who is there to help, otherwise it's just a bunch of old guys pretending.

It's essentially a family firm and the owners can bring in members of their families to give them work experience. Again, that started back in the 70s, continued with the HFO tour and looks like it will happen now. Maybe it's not fair to those who don't have family connections, but what business is?

The part I'm interested in is whether it will be any different. This time, there's no new album or documentary to give them a theme and playing the same hits but with Deacon/Vince instead of Glenn seems uninspired.
    I don't agree that a rock band, ANY rock band, is a 'family firm'. I wasn't even aware of any of their family members playing with them before now. So this is new to me, I'm afraid. I suppose I am one of those who believe that membership of any organisation should be based on merit, not surname.

NB: I realise that I could be asked about Nicolas Collins. He's playing WITH his father; he hasn't replaced him. The Jason Bonham situation has already been dealt with.

As for all the stuff about them needing 'help' perhaps you don't realise how sad that sounds. All the more reasons why they should have done a decent tribute to Glenn (which they never did, of course) and them ceased operations, not dragged themselves through this fiasco.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-07-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That is certainly a strange hodge-podge of different generations and ages. Jeddrah and Lucy are in their 40s now, I believe—the same age as the Eagles when they became a nostalgia act. I have nothing against them performing together and it might even be interesting. But I would think they wouldn’t call themselves the ‘Eagles.’ That would strain believability.
    How do we know that a future band of Eaglettes wouldn’t be called the Eagles? It is being called that now with one Eaglette, so why not bring on another, and then, a little while later, another, and then chip away little by little over a period of time …………………………….. etc., etc., etc? So, it would not be the Eagles, it would just be called the Eagles. Interesting concept! According to Don’s logic in his statement below, this is perfectly acceptable and legitimate …

“Bringing Deacon in was my idea,” Henley said. “I think of the guild system, which in both Eastern and Western cultures is a centuries-old tradition of the father passing down the trade to his son, and to me, that makes perfect moral and ethical sense.”

I'm not sure why the age differential would be a problem – isn’t that the case now? Besides, I randomly chose those names to make my point i.e. the disclaimer about substituting with names of your choice. We could try a younger line-up of Otis Frey, Sophie Henley, Emerson Walsh, and Nicholas Felder. The only problem with these line-ups is that the Eagles were always adamant that there would be no ‘girls’ in the band. This is supported by Don’s statement above. However, since people just want to hear the songs played live, maybe we could make some exceptions to that rule too for the sake of the band and the fans.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Just a quick few points

1. If the junior eagles is now the plan, I certainly don’t think it was always the plan

2. There hasn’t been an announcement made regarding will so I expect his additions to the band to be strictly background. Maybe the audience won’t even know

3. I don’t feel Will Henley is lacking in talent so I don’t feel it was wrong to pick him over someone else for the backup band. They already have all the guitarists they could possibly need, Don who can drum and Scott who drums, plenty of keyboard players and horns. They don’t need another person, so thats why including someone based on family line is ok because it doesn’t serve an real big part of the music. Glenn was for this and I think it makes sense.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Just a quick few points

1. If the junior eagles is now the plan, I certainly don’t think it was always the plan

2. There hasn’t been an announcement made regarding will so I expect his additions to the band to be strictly background. Maybe the audience won’t even know

3. I don’t feel Will Henley is lacking in talent so I don’t feel it was wrong to pick him over someone else for the backup band. They already have all the guitarists they could possibly need, Don who can drum and Scott who drums, plenty of keyboard players and horns. They don’t need another person, so thats why including someone based on family line is ok because it doesn’t serve an real big part of the music. Glenn was for this and I think it makes sense.
    Glenn was for what?

Are we going to rehash yet again the 'this is what Glenn wanted' stuff? Even if he may have wished for his son to replace him, did he wish the same for Will Henley?

If they don't need another person then WHY include someone else just because of his surname?

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Lucy and Leah are the same age(actually 9 days apart). They will be 36 this year. Jeddrah is the only one in her 40s and I think she's pushing 50 in a few years.
    Thanks for the info Shun. I didn’t realize Lucy and Leah are the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Just a quick few points

1. There is zero evidence that a “junior Eagles” is the future plan and I am sorry to have added to the speculation. People were throwing out the names of other offspring and I thought I would comment on it. I didn’t mean to upset anyone.

2. In less than a week, we’ll know more but I agree with your point here.

3. I can’t comment on Will Henley’s talent b/c I know nothing of his abilities. But whether he is there to fetch coffee, take pictures, help the road crew or strum a guitar in the background, he can do it b/c his father is the de facto boss. Nepotism or not, I see it as harmless and does nothing to tarnish the legacy of the band.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Glenn was for what?

Are we going to rehash yet again the 'this is what Glenn wanted' stuff? Even if he may have wished for his son to replace him, did he wish the same for Will Henley?

If they don't need another person then WHY include someone else just because of his surname?
    I meant that Glenn was on board with putting a bands family member in the backup band, (Felder’s son). I figure because they wanted to spend time together. I don’t think it’s that complicated or a plot to make a new era of the Eagles. I’m not saying Glenn wanted to be replaced by his son or have Will replace Don. I just think he would have been ok with his kids doing something in the band even as minor as playing in the backup band

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for the info Shun. I didn’t realize Lucy and Leah are the same age.

1. There is zero evidence that a “junior Eagles” is the future plan and I am sorry to have added to the speculation. People were throwing out the names of other offspring and I thought I would comment on it. I didn’t mean to upset anyone.

2. In less than a week, we’ll know more but I agree with your point here.

3. I can’t comment on Will Henley’s talent b/c I know nothing of his abilities. But whether he is there to fetch coffee, take pictures, help the road crew or strum a guitar in the background, he can do it b/c his father is the de facto boss. Nepotism or not, I see it as harmless and does nothing to tarnish the legacy of the band.
    It’s no problem Delilah, you don’t have to apologize about the junior eagles thing. I just don’t think it’s fair for others to assume that’s the plan when we have no evidence to base it off

Banned

I am excited to follow the careers of Deacon, Will and other Eagles offspring. I hope they make a lot of great music that we can enjoy for many years to come. I think Deacon has a great country voice, even though he doesn't seem particularly interested in that genre of music.

I doubt the music the Eagles' kids make will be a collaboration and it certainly won't be under the "Eagles" banner.