Thread: Sues for wrongful death

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    None of us wants this to be true, but I don't understand why we're talking about this like the family is asking politely for an investigation. They're filing a lawsuit.

You don't sue someone because you think it's a possibility that they might have been negligent, but you hope they weren't.

You sue because you have reason to believe they WERE negligent, and you want them to pay.
    I’m not always well versed in the legal system but my thought was that maybe the family was waiting for answers for two years and they didn’t get any and they were left no choice. If the hospital and doctor can prove they did everything they were supposed to then the lawsuit is done. Apologies I didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Default Re: Sues for wrongful death

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    I’m not always well versed in the legal system but my thought was that maybe the family was waiting for answers for two years and they didn’t get any and they were left no choice. If the hospital and doctor can prove they did everything they were supposed to then the lawsuit is done. Apologies I didn’t mean to offend anyone.
    Hi Elizasong, you actually bring up a good point that there will be information uncovered during the process of discovery that the defendants have no choice but to provide. However I don’t believe Glenn’s family would invite unwanted publicity and risk his privacy unless there was a strong belief that negligence occurred. JMO. FWIW, I’m not offended.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...