Page 80 of 145 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

FreyFollower - You expressed yourself beautifully in that last post.

Yep - sadness, disappointment, and betrayal are the words that I most often use to describe how I feel about this. Although, like Toni, I do have occasional spurts of anger, such as when I go over to the official website and when I see ignorant comments that the band is better without Glenn and, yep, Vince Gill solo songs. Fortunately though, the times of anger are short-lived. I come here and vent and usually get over it fairly soon. But the feelings of sadness, disappointment, and betrayal stay with me and get reinforced often. Hopefully, they will fade once the touring is over for good, but they are lingering. I'm not sure they'll ever go away completely, which saddens me even more because this may be my lasting memory of the band that I have loved and adored so much my entire adult life. Yep - I feel cheated and betrayed.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

And now we are seeing praise of Gill's performance of TITTL.

Oh, the irony. The song which some just would not leave alone, in the way they criticised Glenn's performance of it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And now we are seeing praise of Gill's performance of TITTL.

Oh, the irony. The song which some just would not leave alone, in the way they criticised Glenn's performance of it.
    Everything about them seems to be 100% perfect now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    FreyFollower - You expressed yourself beautifully in that last post.

Yep - sadness, disappointment, and betrayal are the words that I most often use to describe how I feel about this. Although, like Toni, I do have occasional spurts of anger, such as when I go over to the official website and when I see ignorant comments that the band is better without Glenn and, yep, Vince Gill solo songs. Fortunately though, the times of anger are short-lived. I come here and vent and usually get over it fairly soon. But the feelings of sadness, disappointment, and betrayal stay with me and get reinforced often. Hopefully, they will fade once the touring is over for good, but they are lingering. I'm not sure they'll ever go away completely, which saddens me even more because this may be my lasting memory of the band that I have loved and adored so much my entire adult life. Yep - I feel cheated and betrayed.
    Pretty much feel the same way. What really bothers me is two years have passed since Glenn's death and still no tribute concert Or official statement that one is being planned. What are they waiting for? The tour to be over to avoid complications? Musician friends of Tom Petty already did a tribute concert. I think maybe two.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Pretty much feel the same way. What really bothers me is two years have passed since Glenn's death and still no tribute concert Or official statement that one is being planned. What are they waiting for? The tour to be over to avoid complications? Musician friends of Tom Petty already did a tribute concert. I think maybe two.
    This bothers me too. I honestly doubt they will do a tribute concert. They did do a private one the month after he died, but nothing for the fans. They're apparently barely mentioning him at their concerts anymore.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would say it's not gonna happen now. Too much time has passed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Toni - no need to apologize for your response - it's natural for some of us to want to respond to this. It's also okay if anyone wants to take the discussion to the other thread, IMO. And BTW - I agree with what you wrote.

And Soda - Like minds. I came here and I was going to post almost the same thing. The only difference is that I also extend the criticism to Joe and Timothy. The only pass I would give them is if it turns out that they were somehow contractually obligated to perform. As I've said repeatedly, I don't object to them wanting to perform and make money. But, clearly, they could have pursued a different course to do this.
    I also feel upset with Tim and Joe. And its not an exact comparison but I wonder if it was like Felder being upset his buddy Joe wouldn't try to defend him. I feel that way about those guys not trying to put their foot down. Disappointed. I think they want to keep it going as much as Don and aren't going to ruffle feathers.

Glenn Frey was a dreamer. And he was a visionary.

He got things done.

There will never be another Glenn Frey.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I also feel upset with Tim and Joe. And its not an exact comparison but I wonder if it was like Felder being upset his buddy Joe wouldn't try to defend him. I feel that way about those guys not trying to put their foot down. Disappointed. I think they want to keep it going as much as Don and aren't going to ruffle feathers.
    I agree It seems like Glenn and Joe were close, and I would have thought Joe at least would feel this wouldn't be right. It reminds me of a documentary on The Who that I've seen, where Pete Townshend talked about the first time they performed with John Entwhistle, and Townshend said he looked over and expected John to be there, and if I remember the quote correctly, he "wanted to die." The Who is continuing on anyway, so perhaps that's not the best comparison, but at least some sort of statement from Henley, Joe, or Tim that this is hard for them...instead of just saying Deacon is great, Vince is great, we're having a great time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I agree It seems like Glenn and Joe were close, and I would have thought Joe at least would feel this wouldn't be right. It reminds me of a documentary on The Who that I've seen, where Pete Townshend talked about the first time they performed with John Entwhistle, and Townshend said he looked over and expected John to be there, and if I remember the quote correctly, he "wanted to die." The Who is continuing on anyway, so perhaps that's not the best comparison, but at least some sort of statement from Henley, Joe, or Tim that this is hard for them...instead of just saying Deacon is great, Vince is great, we're having a great time.
    All I have to say to that is:

Led Zeppelin.