Page 75 of 145 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    It's just ignorance.
    Perhaps. But it will become more & more prevalent the longer this farce continues.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Early in the Eagles’ concert Sunday night at Scottrade Center, Don Henley toted up the mass of materieland personnel required to make the show happen.

“We brought 14 semi-tractor-trailer trucks full of stuff, four backup musicians, five string players, five horn players, four security guys, 82 crew members …. and one accountant,” he said.

Sorry, but obviously one accountant is enough to get the job done or surely they'd add more.

Edited to add

It seems Henley made this remark to the audience. I suppose it got a good laugh.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-19-2018 at 09:17 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

The writer's opinion is just that, an opinion. The real take away for me is how much time and money has been invested in this venture. Curious how they compare to other arena size touring groups.

This list is not complete. There are the private jets, private rental SUVs and limos, catering, hotels, etc. in addition to payroll and personnel, tour buses equipment, security etc.

As for Glenn, well there is no pretending.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-19-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    The writer's opinion is just that, an opinion. The real take away for me is how much time and money has been invested in this venture. Curious how they compare to other arena size touring groups.

This list is not complete. There are the private jets, private rental SUVs and limos, catering, hotels, etc. in addition to payroll and personnel, equipment, security etc.
    That's as may be & is to be expected. What jars with me is the fact that Henley felt this was a suitable subject to discuss with the audience. Glenn never did that. He talked to the audience about what they could expect from a show. He never once boasted about the size of the entourage.

As for the review & others like it, as a non-American I have noted for years how easy American reviewers are. They seem extremely easy to please. Australian reviewers don't let acts off so lightly or gush the way some American reviewers seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That's as may be & is to be expected. What jars with me is the fact that Henley felt this was a suitable subject to discuss with the audience. Glenn never did that. He talked to the audience about what they could expect from a show. He never once boasted about the size of the entourage.

As for the review & others like it, as a non-American I have noted for years how easy American reviewers are. They seem extremely easy to please. Australian reviewers don't let acts off so lightly or gush the way some American reviewers seem to do.
    Writer seems to be suggesting the comment was aimed at cynics. If that's the case, how telling he (Henley) feels the need to even go there.

Stuck on the Border

I saw Don's comment as just a joke (leading to the punchline "one accountant"), not boasting, but I can't say what he had in mind.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-20-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Stuck on the Border

I was amused. I can picture Don having spent a dull afternoon with the tour accountant having all the incidental expenses explained. The tour accountant is important because he/she pays the bills and collects the box office.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I was amused. I can picture Don having spent a dull afternoon with the tour accountant having all the incidental expenses explained. The tour accountant is important because he/she pays the bills and collects the box office.
    I thought the accountant paid for it all. At least that's what Joe said.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    I thought the accountant paid for it all. At least that's what Joe said.
    LOL!

Henley's remark could have been tongue-in-cheek...perhaps he (or Irving or their employees) have read the criticism that this tour is a money grab and his remark was aimed at that.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    This is a straight-up lie. Before Take it Easy every night, Glenn talked about the hundred-plus crew members who made the show possible. When discussing them last night, Don said the crew members were "the people who do the real work."

I know you're off in the merry world of non-facts and that I and the truth are not welcome here, but there needs to be some oversight from time to time.
    Hey everyone - Please do us a favor and ignore this post. The oversight of the board is the responsibility of the moderators and admin. We will take care of this later when we get a chance.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016