Page 72 of 145 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

A new photo of them came up on my FB page yesterday announcing more shows. Joe is sitting on a couch and the other are kinda around him. Sorry, but I don't know how to bring the photo here to post.
    This whole thing just makes me so sad. Don must be in his glory now that he does not have to share decisions with anyone anymore. Glenn is now a mere afterthought.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

If that's what you prefer. However, I was responding to comments made in this thread.

My long post was because I felt that you had inaccurately stated my position and I wanted to explain.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 03-15-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Hey guys, let's not make this more work for the moderators than it needs to be.

For posters who are supportive of the new lineup this is NOT the appropriate thread to express your thoughts and opinions.

If you are "neutral" or "undecided" on the question of whether this is a legitimate venture - this is NOT the appropriate thread to expresss your thoughts and opinions.

**** This thread is for fans who believe Glenn Frey is "necessary to the Eagles - No Glenn No Legit Eagles" and as such do not regard this as a legitimate venture ****

Period. End. Stop.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-15-2018 at 01:29 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I know all the different threads are confusing, UTW a.k.a. Pollyanna. But I think right now they are probably the best compromise we can come up with. Here's how I am thinking about it in order to keep it straight in my little brain ...

This thread is for those who disagree with this lineup/tour and just want to vent.

The tour threads are for those who are excited about the shows and just want to celebrate.

Then, last but not least, the 'How do you feel about this years full-fledged tour' thread is for those who want to debate the pros and cons of this lineup/tour.

Again, I know all this may seem pretty clumsy, but, at least for right now, it seems to be the best way to keep the peace. As much as we try, I can't think of anything that is going to make everyone happy, but we'll do the best we can.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks Dreamer, I didn't mean to be a buttinski.

Seems the thread gets hijacked on a fairly consistent basis by members who are either misguided or purposely trying to stir things up.
    Last edited by Dawn; 03-15-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    A new photo of them came up on my FB page yesterday announcing more shows. Joe is sitting on a couch and the other are kinda around him. Sorry, but I don't know how to bring the photo here to post.
    This whole thing just makes me so sad. Don must be in his glory now that he does not have to share decisions with anyone anymore. Glenn is now a mere afterthought.
    I found the picture and actually posted it but then had second thoughts - it's clearly a new publicity photo and prominently features Gill and Deacon as members of the band not temporary family and friends helping out. Let me know if you want me to post, it is your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hi Groupie! I know, I feel sad too, it's impossible not to. My personal sense is IF the intent is to create (invent/rebrand/repackage) a TOURING band that can continue into the next decade they need to start building the foundation now.

I know I say it all the time but TOURING is where the money is. They have no new songs to work with it's still very much the tribute/nostalgia tour it's been for years.
    Hi Dawn! It saddens me that Glenn is now an afterthought, with no more significance than any other band members who were in the band for a while and now they're not (and please don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Bernie, Randy, and Felder, and think they all three contributed a lot to the success of the band). Perhaps I should just stop reading the reviews, it gets me too upset, but I'm curious, so I look, and get upset again..

I saw that picture too and it seems obvious that Deacon and VG are part of the band now. The picture seems to highlight Deacon front and center.

Stuck on the Border

I saw the new pic. It's a nice little picture of five guys, but combined with the word "Eagles" above it makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Hi Dawn! It saddens me that Glenn is now an afterthought, with no more significance than any other band members who were in the band for a while and now they're not (and please don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Bernie, Randy, and Felder, and think they all three contributed a lot to the success of the band). Perhaps I should just stop reading the reviews, it gets me too upset, but I'm curious, so I look, and get upset again..

I saw that picture too and it seems obvious that Deacon and VG are part of the band now. The picture seems to highlight Deacon front and center.
    Yes, relative to VG and DF, I got that distinct impression as well. I also believe Vince Gill will start singing and playing more of his OWN SONGS and that Deacon will remain front and center in publicity photos as a strategic selling point to attract younger fans.

Just saw that Vince is singing the entire vocal of Ol 55. Don isn't even doing those few lines. One more cover version with the former Eagles backing him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten