Page 24 of 145 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bob Seger Article about tribute to Glenn

FP - I think Chaim was referring to my posts with NEF. We went back and forth regarding me being able to hear/pick out Glenn's vocal harmonies with no problem. She stated she could never hear/distinguish him in songs. I think I also may have also told her "I don't know what to tell you".
    Hope I didn't put you on the spot.

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Austin - I agree. Deacon was the frosting on the cake so to speak. He made it legit and acceptable to many, many fans. I have said all along that I think Don(and Irving) were planing this as far back as March 2016, when he gave that interview with that Montreal newspaper. And, that was only two months after Glenn passed.
    When I listened to that interview the guys gave in March 2017 to i-heart radio, via my local classic rock station, Joe was the only one who sounded hesitant. Don and Tim gushed on and on about doing it for the fans and saying over and over that Glenn would have approved. Like they were trying to convince everyone it was ok.
    I don’t really think the band thinks about whether or not this was a right thing to do. This discussion is mainly limited to here and some smaller websites. Most people don’t really question if it’s ok for the band to keep going. I doubt they spend time worrying about convincing fans that this is the right thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t really think the band thinks about whether or not this was a right thing to do. This discussion is mainly limited to here and some smaller websites. Most people don’t really question if it’s ok for the band to keep going. I doubt they spend time worrying about convincing fans that this is the right thing to do
    Obviously. They've got the "majority" (read: casual fans) brainwashed, as it were. I think it has to do with bringing Deacon along. Then it was ok. Deacon was the icing on the already meticulously baked cake. But if not Deacon, Don would have tested the water with someone else and see if tickets sell. They wouldn't have stopped if Deacon told them no. The only thing that would have stopped them is no or little sales.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 11-24-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Obviously. They've got the "majority" brainwashed, as it were. I think it has to do with bringing Deacon along. Then it was ok. Deacon was the icing on the already meticulously baked cake. But if not Deacon, Don would have tested the water with someone else and see if tickets sell. They wouldn't have stopped if Deacon told them no. The only thing that would have stopped them is no or little sales.
    Well YEF, I agree with you in that I think the band and Irving do not give a crap what anyone thinks. They made their decision and that was it, whether people like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Obviously. They've got the "majority" brainwashed, as it were. I think it has to do with bringing Deacon along. Then it was ok. Deacon was the icing on the already meticulously baked cake. But if not Deacon, Don would have tested the water with someone else and see if tickets sell. They wouldn't have stopped if Deacon told them no. The only thing that would have stopped them is no or little sales.
    I don’t even think most fans care enough to think about the issue deeply. A lot of hardcore fans are on here. But most don’t spend their time researching the band a lot. I

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well YEF, I agree with you in that I think the band and Irving do not give a crap what anyone thinks. They made their decision and that was it, whether people like it or not.
    This is why I think picking Deacon was a actual heartfelt move. They wanted to bring Glenn along in some fashion. I don’t think it was done out of self serving interest

I don’t even think most fans care enough to think about the issue deeply. A lot of hardcore fans are on here. But most don’t spend their time researching the band a lot. I
    This is true. There is a huge difference between a casual fan and a hardcore who knows everything about the band. Most casual fans are easy to brainwash. They don't know the backstory. They just like the songs. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but neither is knowing the band well and calling it as they see it.

Stuck on the Border

This is why I think picking Deacon was a actual heartfelt move. They wanted to bring Glenn along in some fashion. I don’t think it was done out of self serving interest
    YEF - I could not disagree with you more. In MHO, picking Deacon had nothing to do with being a 'heartfelt move". It was a monetary move to justify the Eagles continuing without Glenn. Nothing more, nothing less.

Border Rebel

Just because my opinion about this is different from yours does not mean I was brainwashed, and I resent the implication that I was. I am more than capable of thinking things through myself, and my decision had nothing to do with anything Don or Irving might have said.

Default Re: Bob Seger Article about tribute to Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My use of the phrase 'I don't know what to tell you' above was directed at AT, not you. My discussion in this thread has been with him, not you.
    I know. It’s just something I don’t like to see is all. Sorry for the confusion