I've written various responses to this post, they all seem wrong so I have deleted them and begun again. Over the past few years I have had many discussions with people whom I know both on and off the Border about the future of the band. I respect the views of those who feel that the band can and must go on. I suspect that at least some of these people may never have seen a live Eagles show and now feel that they have a last chance saloon opportunity to see them and know what has made us all such groupies for so many years. What kept us going back, paying high prices, travelling far and wide, whatever. Others perhaps went to see the surviving Eagles and to them little has changed - Get Deacon and Vince in to sing Glenn 's songs and continue as normal. I hope you guys to whom I am referring never felt insulted by anything that I said.

Just to me, The Eagles are not the Eagles without Glenn . It was his band, he started it, he maintained it and as far as I'm concerned he called time on it. I have seen Henley solo since Glenn died. I have seen the tribute band that I have always gone to. Tonight I christened my new DVD player with the Farewell 1 DVD. In short I felt very emotional.

The last 2 years have brought me from the end of a period in my life where I was literally riding the crest of a wave to one where I feel at times that I am barely holding on. I've had to reevaluate a lot of things in my life and I know whats worth fighting for and what isn't. So what I suppose I'm trying to say very clumsily is to those who want the band to go on have fun, enjoy the shows, find whatever you are looking for, but please realise that not all of us revel in it and allow us to have our opinions too.

JTA, Soda has been a fabulous administrator of the Border since it started over 11 years ago- she always moderates with fairness and objectivity. The last 2 years have not been easy for her either and she is doing an excellent job navigating through this quagmire of a thread.