I may be opening a can of worms here, but (*opens can*) I didn't realize how few Henley/Frey co-writes there were after 1994. I had never really looked at the songwriting credits on Long Road Out of Eden and I was shocked that out of 20 songs, they only wrote 6 songs together. That's less than they wrote on Hotel California. If you include Get Over It and Hole in the World, that's 8 songs, from 1994 to 2016.

We will never know the answer to this, but my question is, why? I've read posts on here that LROOE was done over email, with band members recording their parts separately, and then there's Felder's complaints that there was no "camaraderie" after the band resumed in 1994. I'm wondering now if that isn't all true. Could they really not stand to be in the same room together or work together that much? It seems like they threw a few Henley/Frey songs on LROOE because fans would expect them to write songs together, and the rest were done separately.

As a side, but related, question, I was also surprised to see that Glenn had nothing to do with Learn to Be Still - written by Don Henley and Stan Lynch. Why then did he say in HFO that they wrote the song an hour before? Did Glenn have some input but didn't receive songwriting credit? I'm curious if Learn to Be Still was intended for a Henley solo album and didn't make the cut, and the same for Glenn and The Girl From Yesterday.

I love both HFO and LROOE, but it was quite surprising for me to learn this.