Thread: My Eagles Compilation

Out on the Border

Default My Eagles Compilation

I also included well-known Eagles solo works, though this would likely never happen on a real compilation, for obvious reasons.

1. What would you rate this compilation on a scale of 1-10?

2. What are five songs I omitted (Eagles or Eagles solo) that you feel I should have included, in order of strong suggestion? Explanations are not required, but greatly appreciated.

3. What are five songs that I included that I SHOULDN'T have included, in order of least regard for being included? Explanations are not required, but greatly appreciated.

Disc 1:
    01 – Funk #49 02 – Take It Easy 03 – Witchy Woman 04 – Train Leaves Here This Morning 05 – Peaceful Easy Feeling 06 – Doolin-Dalton 07 – Tequila Sunrise 08 – Desperado 09 – Outlaw Man 10 – Saturday Night 11 – Rocky Mountain Way 12 – Already Gone 13 – James Dean 14 – Ol’ 55 15 – Best of My Love 16 - One of These Nights

Disc 2:
    01 - Too Many Hands 02 - Lyin’ Eyes 03 - Take It to the Limit 04 - New Kid in Town 05 - Hotel California 06 - Life in the Fast Lane 07 - Wasted Time 08 - Victim of Love 09 - Pretty Maids All in a Row 10 - Please Come Home for Christmas 11 - Funky New Year 12 - Life’s Been Good 13 - Heartache Tonight 14 - The Long Run 15 - I Can’t Tell You Why 16 - In the City

Disc 3:
    01 - Those Shoes 02 - Seven Bridges Road 03 – All Night Long 04 – Dirty Laundry 05 – Boys of Summer 06 – Sunset Grill 07 – You Belong to the City 08 – All She Wants to Do Is Dance 09 – The Heart of the Matter 10 - The Girl From Yesterday 11 - Love Will Keep Us Alive 12 - Get Over It 13 – Hole in the World 14 – How Long 15 – No More Cloudy Days 16 – Long Road Out of Eden

Default Re: My Eagles Compilation

Hi, LouisianaEaglesFan, welcome to the board.

1. Your compilation looks really interesting. It looks like you included at least 4 tracks from each album (except LROOE) including popular deep tracks.

2. IMO, some omitted songs are Glenn and Randy’s solo songs. I would include I Found Somebody, Smuggler’s Blues and/or After Hours; also Gotta Get Away and Never Been in Love by Randy. I would possibly add Deep Inside My Heart except I don’t know about including duets on compilation albums. I noticed you didn’t include any of Henley’s duets. Heavy Metal (Takin a Ride) would be a nice and not too predictable addition.

3. Songs I would omit: Funk 49 since that is a James Gang song; Love Will Keep Us Alive and Girl From Yesterday (2 songs I simply don’t care for, the former weakens the band’s rock cred); No More Cloudy Days (I like it ok but there are better songs from LROOE e.g. Waiting in the Weeds). I would probably get rid of Hole in the World too and replace it with the Grammy-winning instrumental I Dreamed There Was No War.

Anyway, overall a nice compilation!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border

Thank you so much Delilah...I can see myself possibly getting rid of Girl from Yesterday and Hole in the World, and possibly replacing No More Cloudy Days with I Don't Want to Hear Anymore...however, I can't see myself getting rid of Funk #49...I meant to word it at the top of the thread that James Gang works (as well as any projects from Walsh or other Eagles) are just as viable as solo projects...Smuggler's Blues is also one I can definitely see myself adding, in order to add another Frey solo work.

I largely like your list except for the songs chosen from LROOE. I think how long and Waiting in the weeds should be put on but otherwise good list

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I largely like your list except for the songs chosen from LROOE. I think how long and Waiting in the weeds should be put on but otherwise good list
    How Long is on there...however, Waiting in the Weeds seems more popular than I thought...I may have to include it in place of No More Cloudy Days...

Stuck on the Border

Songs I would have included:

Good Day In Hell
    King Of Hollywood
    Smuggler's Blues
    Part Of Me, Part Of You
    Waiting In The Weeds

Songs I would not have included:

Please Come Home For Chirstmas
    Funky New Year
    All Night Long
    Funk #49 (or if you have to have it, it should not be the opening track)
    Sunset Grill

I am one of the people who loves the criminally underrated No More Cloudy Days & I'm glad you included it.

You seem to have complied it strictly chronoglogically & I'm not sure that it works given the way the solo tracks are mixed in with band tracks. Therefore I can only rate it about 6.

Out on the Border

Thank you FreyPower...I will definitely have to consider re-ordering the tracks in some form, since I can definitely see that working better with the solo and other band works in...

I definitely have Smuggler's Blues and Waiting in the Weeds at the top of my add/replacement list, since they appear to be quite popular here on the board. I might put Smuggler's Blues in place of All Night Long. Another song I might add is King of Hollywood, since I had it on the original track list, but it was trimmed along with I Don't Want to Hear Anymore.

As for removals, I can definitely see Funky New Year and All Night Long going. Please Come Home for Christmas is one that could very well go also, but sentimentally, I'm not sure I can remove the one Christmas song. However, for reasons I earlier stated, I'm not sure about Funk #49...also, it was an early Joe Walsh classic that was very popular (though I could maybe replace it with Walk Away)...not sure about Sunset Grill either, since it is quite an underrated Henley hit.