Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Oh wow, they really are choosing some rarities.

Awhile back, I downloaded a live version of this song from '82 with Randy singing both parts.

Heard "Hearts on Fire" from Randy last night, and also several things from Longbranch Pennywhistle.

They do play Hearts on Fire a lot.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Wouldn't it be massively cool if they played Randy's Budweiser commercial? It was the Bud jingle done to the tune of "Hearts on Fire." I'm so dang old, I actually remember these series of radio commercials from the early 80s, a bunch of artists set their hit song of the time to the "This Bud's for you" jingle lyrics. https://soundcloud.com/randymesineru...dio-commercial

I didn't know Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson did a duet to the song Take It To The Limit. Interesting version. Very country love did you wrong melody.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I didn't know Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson did a duet to the song Take It To The Limit. Interesting version. Very country love did you wrong melody.
    I was also surprised they did a duet of it. But not only did they do the song, The album was called “Take It To The Limit” as well.

There was a discussion some time ago about the different covers of TITTL. I don’t remember which thread it was on; it may have been about the OOTN album.

It would be so cool if they did play some Randy live tracks. I’ve only heard Joe’s live solo songs and I think they all came from the Live album.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

They are playing I Dream There Was No War. Glenn's beautiful instrumental that he won a Grammy for.

I think it was either Saturday or Sunday, I heard Timothy's version of Caroline, No and Glenn's Route 66. They are finally playing the guys curent album. I still haven't heard any songs from Timothy's new album yet.

They finally played something from Expando called A Good Day.