Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Under "Eagles Influences," they played "Maple Leaf Rag" by Scott Joplin, which I thought was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Under "Eagles Influences," they played "Maple Leaf Rag" by Scott Joplin, which I thought was pretty cool.
    Me too; at the beginning they also played “The Entertainer” (theme song of the movie The Sting) which was neat. I didn’t know that was a Scott Joplin tune.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Oh yeah. My mom had a bunch of albums and one was the Dukes of Dixieland playing Scott Joplin tunes, so I heard his stuff from the time I was a tiny thing. In fact, I knew it was The Entertainer when The Sting came out and it was on the trailers. LOL.

Spotify has a lot of Scott Joplin music if you want to hear more.

They are playing more songs I haven't heard on there. Please Come Home For Christmas, Sea Cruise, Driving With Your Eyes Closed, I've Got Mine, Love in the 21st Century, Rivers (OF The Hidden Funk), You Don't Know Me At All and The Allnighter.

For Glenn, its cool to hear other songs than YBTTC, Smuggler's Blues and The Heat Is On.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-02-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

They are finally playing something from Joe's solo album. Maybe they will finally play Timothy's current solo album.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

They just played Glenn's song, Don't Give Up. Do ya'll know what album that's on? Interesting song music wise.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    They just played Glenn's song, Don't Give Up. Do ya'll know what album that's on? Interesting song music wise.
    Don't Give Up is from NO FUN ALOUD.

They're now putting Don's song he did duets on. I heard Leather and Lace yesterday. They are playing Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough right now.

I love hearing Glenn's other solo songs. I heard a few from No Fun Aloud. I heard I Found Somebody yesterday. That was the first time hearing it on this channel.

They played Randy's song Strangers.

Maybe they heard all the complaining of all the songs by Joe. They are still playing In The City a lot.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    They played Randy's song Strangers.
    Hooray! That's his duet with Ann Wilson; written by Sir Elton John. Good stuff.

It was a live version so I don't know if Ann sang on the song. I had the volume low since I can't play it too loud when you have your boss also in the same office. I need to hear it again. It sounded interesting.