Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Yes, FP, they’ve played You Belong to the City, Smuggler’s Blues, The Heat is On, Sexy Girl and True Love. I also heard The One You Love early on. I believe I heard This Way to Happiness once.
    Thanks for that.

Almost everybody's solo songs are being played. Its mostly the songs that were singles. I haven't heard any solo songs from Bernie or Felder(which I know that's not going to happen).

IMO They are heavily playing Joe's solo and James Gang songs. I love Joe, but I'm kinda getting sick and tired of hearing In the City(if its live, solo, or with the Eagles). I'm starting to hate that song. But I do love hearing songs I've never heard of from Joe's career.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-27-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    They are playing Joe's favorite songs show again. I thought they were going to stop playing it since I didn't hear the announcement of it repeating on such and such day.
    I was happy to hear that Joe is a Buddy Holly fan. He said "That'll Be the Day" is one that guitar players should know back-to-front (I'm paraphrasing).

What other songs did he choose? My car trips tended to be short, but I believe he actually chose a Barnstorm tune. Usually I don't like when artists play their own records on the radio, it smacks of self-promotion, but Joe is such a likeable lug. He can get away with a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I was happy to hear that Joe is a Buddy Holly fan. He said "That'll Be the Day" is one that guitar players should know back-to-front (I'm paraphrasing).

What other songs did he choose? My car trips tended to be short, but I believe he actually chose a Barnstorm tune. Usually I don't like when artists play their own records on the radio, it smacks of self-promotion, but Joe is such a likeable lug. He can get away with a lot.
    From a previous post, NMB:

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Btw, here is Joe’s list from the notes I had jotted down. I didn’t post it before b/c I wasn’t sure if there would be interest.

1. Meadows (w/ a funny story about the song’s “insane beginnng”)
    2. That’ll Be the Day - Buddy Holly (1st album he ever bought, praised Buddy’s guitar playing)
    3. Walk Don’t Run - The Ventures
    4. Memphis - Lonnie Mack
    5. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix (Joe said this was very hard to play)
    6. Silver Blue - Linda Ronstadt & JD Souther
    7. She’s About a Mover - Sir Douglas Quintet
    8. Do You Know What I Mean - Lee Michaels (spoke about his friendship with the late actor Jim Varney)
    9. Our House - Madness (Joe said he heard this a month ago; I took that to mean he’d never heard it before but I may have misunderstood)
    10. Hotel California (he said this is still a hard part to play & cant go on auto-pilot with this one; this song affected everyone which was a great feeling—not all musicians get to experience that)
    11. But I Try - James Gang & Little Richard (demo they recorded together the day after a show, something LR came up with. They had to go back into the vault to find it. Now a bonus track on the deluxe Analog Man)
    Shun, I tend to agree: a little too much Joe.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I know there's one song I don't ever want to hear again, but I know its going to be played again, Joe's version of Life In The Fast Lane when he was in Ringo's All Star Band. OMG That was soo painful to listen to. I see why Don got mad with Joe in the early 90s for singing that song.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm listening right now and I didn't know country singer Buck Owens did a cover Peaceful Easy Feeling. Its a very interesting version.
    They're good with the obscure country covers. Tanya Tucker did a version of "Best of My Love" - she sounded real young.

Banned

It's great to discover Lonnie Mack's Memphis.

The first James Gang album, Yer Album from 1970, closes with a storming 12 minute guitar jam through Ragavoy / Shuman's Stop culminating in some fantastic guitar lickery which, I now know, is straight from Lonnie Mack's Memphis. The live version of Stop never goes on for much more than 5 minutes.

Joe recorded She’s About a Mover with Ringo Starr on the Old Wave album they did together in the early 1980s and occasionally performs it live too when he's got a horn section handy.

It's a pity that the horned up Eagles never performed She’s About a Mover in the past. I think it would have gone down a treat in concert.

It sounds pretty rough on disc but I've seen Joe's Life In The Fast Lane flagged up as the highlight of the first Ringo Starr And His All-Starr Band tour set list. In some pretty impressive company too. I guess you had to be there.

The "horned-up Eagles"? That's not a reference to the 3E parties, I presume. Did the band travel with a horn section at one time?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    The "horned-up Eagles"? That's not a reference to the 3E parties, I presume. Did the band travel with a horn section at one time?
    They had a horn section on the Farewell One tour.

I have enjoyed listening to the station, but have been unable to get it to work on my phone today so that I could listen while at work.

But I thought they might give a bit more background info on each past/present Eagles' member. It seems they have spent more time on Eagles' influences than members. Unless I have missed something.