Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Snap! The Randy-force was not with me.

I heard when Don Henley was playing guest DJ, and he would say something about each artist. He played "Rock Me on the Water" by Jackson Browne (said Jackson was only about 20 when he wrote it); "Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon, "Bad News Travels Fast" by JD Souther and something I can't remember by Linda Ronstadt. He said Linda had total focus and her career went exactly as she wanted it.
    The song was Skylark. It was a very beautiful song.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The (non-Eagles) Timothy songs I’ve heard include “Green-Eyed Lady” by Glad; a solo song I don’t remember anymore but I think it may have been “Playin It Cool”; “So Much in Love” and a couple of Poco songs: “A Good Feeling To Know” and “Rose of Cimarron.”

I’m really appreciating Longbranch Pennywhistle now that I’ve heard a couple of their songs more than once. It’s also cool hearing something by Hearts and Flowers, Bernie’s old band. Shiloh has some good material but there is one song that is not so great, IMO.

I haven’t heard any solo Felder material nor anything by Flow. I did hear “Visions” one time.

Speaking of Linda Ronstadt, I didn’t know Don H, Glenn and Timothy sang backing vocals for her in 1974, before Timothy joined the Eagles.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    The (non-Eagles) Timothy songs I’ve heard include “Green-Eyed Lady” by Glad; a solo song I don’t remember anymore but I think it may have been “Playin It Cool”; “So Much in Love” and a couple of Poco songs: “A Good Feeling To Know” and “Rose of Cimarron.”

I’m really appreciating Longbranch Pennywhistle now that I’ve heard a couple of their songs. It’s also cool hearing something by Hearts and Flowers, Bernie’s old band. Shiloh has some good material but there is one song that is not so great, IMO.

I haven’t heard any solo Felder material nor anything by Flow. I did hear “Visions” one time.
    I really doubt they will play any of Felder's solo stuff. Felder probably wouldn't say yes for them to play his solo stuff and I don't see Don or Irving asking permission to play his solo stuff, but than again. We never know. I was surprised they even played Visions.

I haven't heard Playin' It Cool yet. I did hear So Much In Love, but I haven't heard since a week and a half ago. They played Boys Night Out a lot.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

“Boys Night Out” — that was what I heard, but it was awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    “Boys Night Out” — that was what I heard, but it was awhile back.
    I heard that, too. I like that song, and I was so excited to hear it on the radio! (Of course, I hear it a lot from my own collection, but not unexpectedly, on the radio, you know?) The Eagles station played that one pretty early on.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I gave it a try but prefer listening to the Eagles with Glenn Frey.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

The last time Boys Night Out was played was on Friday.

They are playing Joe's favorite songs show again. I thought they were going to stop playing it since I didn't hear the announcement of it repeating on such and such day.

Stuck on the Border

Obviously I will never hear this station but I have one question. Has any of Glenn's solo work been played apart from The Heat Is On & Smuggler's Blues? If not, I will confine myself to saying that is very disappointing.

Just to point out, aside from the Opry concert and the cover songs, the vast majority of Eagles songs played on this station are by the Eagles with Glenn. I’ve only heard 2 Eagles songs that don’t have Glenn and they were both from the Classic West concert: TITTL (which I heard twice) and TIE (I heard once).

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    I heard that, too. I like that song, and I was so excited to hear it on the radio! (Of course, I hear it a lot from my own collection, but not unexpectedly, on the radio, you know?) The Eagles station played that one pretty early on.
    Yes, LT, I know! I get so excited too, when I hear one of Randy’s songs pop up on the radio, even though I listen to them frequently on my iPod or cds. I never ever thought I’d hear The Poor on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Obviously I will never hear this station but I have one question. Has any of Glenn's solo work been played?
    Yes, FP, they’ve played You Belong to the City, Smuggler’s Blues, The Heat is On, Sexy Girl and True Love. I also heard The One You Love early on. I believe I heard This Way to Happiness once. The first couple of songs listed have been played several times.