Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

No, Delilah. Not your post. I would had come out and say the same thing myself. I'm talking about the channel in general.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Since some people are already not happy about this channel(yes I have seen it and read it), I won't be saying anything else. Nothing can be said nice about anything on this board anymore without it being spin and twisted into something negative.

I'm getting tired of trying to be positive. I'm tired of posting positive interesting stuff that half of this board don't give a crap about. No more from me in this thread. I'm done.
    You are referring to Soda's post about this in the Eagles 3.0 thread.

May I remind you that the Eagles 3.0 thread is supposed to be the thread where people who object to the current situation can voice their objections. That is why Soda posted there, not here. Nobody is trying to stop you from posting anything you want. If you & those who share your view like this channel, that's fine. But you have to understand that others feel differently.

shun, I really don't understand why you are so determined to complain about the content of Eagles 3.0 in so many different threads. You have done this multiple times. We have tried to contain that negativity, but posts like yours make it very difficult. You should know this, as it has been said before, yet you continue to spread it around the board. I don't get it. You say you are tired of the negativity, yet you are the one who most perpetuates it outside of Eagles 3.0. Can't you see this?

If you have a problem with something I am posting in particular, I suggest you PM me rather than derail a thread.

Up until now, this has been a very pleasant thread. I'd like to keep it that way. Let's talk about the station and not about what's going on in other threads.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Please continue to post about what is broadcast on the channel. There are many of us who can't hear it and would like to know what is covered.

Surprising I heard Praying For Rain this morning as I was getting ready for work. I thought I heard a song from Cass County but I don't remember. If not, I think this is the first time.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    On another note, I am so happy another song by The Poor was played (“How Many Tears”)! So far all 3 of Randy’s hit singles have been played as well some Poco and Rick Nelson songs.
    Woah! Super impressed. I did not have lucky timing in terms of hearing Randy content, but I sure enjoyed the channel plenty and hope I get a rental car with Sirius on Christmas vacation.

I heard selections from Shiloh, Longbranch Pennywhistle and Timmy's "Playin' It Cool". In regards to the latter, Joe Friday of Friday Music says he's doing a remaster of that album. He sometimes posts on a Randy FB fan page that I visit.

They just played How Many Tears again. They also played Never Been in Love. I think that's the name of the song. I think that's the other solo song I've heard. Deep Inside My Love with Kim Carnes, Hearts On Fire and Never Been in Love.

They are now playing Is It True.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Snap! The Randy-force was not with me.

I heard when Don Henley was playing guest DJ, and he would say something about each artist. He played "Rock Me on the Water" by Jackson Browne (said Jackson was only about 20 when he wrote it); "Excitable Boy" by Warren Zevon, "Bad News Travels Fast" by JD Souther and something I can't remember by Linda Ronstadt. He said Linda had total focus and her career went exactly as she wanted it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I listened to the channel in my car over the weekend. Heard lots of the new Eagles and lots of their old music. I enjoyed hearing songs from Longbranch Pennywhistle that I'd never heard.

I got to hear Vince Gill's version of PEF and his comments before about getting the call to join the band and how thrilled he was. His little speech was very touching and heartfelt and he dedicated PEF to Deacon and said he loved Glenn and Deacon and that it was hard for him to hear any of Glenn's songs sung by anyone other than Glenn. I thought he did a fine job singing it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Actually Brooke. It was New Kid In Town.

I loved that little speech. I would had loved to seen Deacon's face when Vince dedicated New Kid In Town to him.