Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
Here's a recap from the show. I'm kinda paraphrasing and I might have missed some parts, but this is what I remembered as I was trying to write it down.

Bill told the story about being asked to be their producer. He, Irving, Tommy Nixon and the guys went to Chuck's Steak House to try to convince Bill to be their producer. Bill really didn't want to be their producer because of their background (country rock). Glenn and even Joe said they really wanted to rock. He finally agreed.

Already gone: His first song he recorded with the Eagles. Glenn felt free with this song.

Best of my love: This song and You Never Cry Like a Lover they kept. Bill remix the song so it can be like the other songs. The Eagles had already recorded ten songs but only kept two(I wonder where those other 8 songs at). Funny story. Bill went to England and called up Glyn to see if he would like to listen to the album. He said yes. Bill went over to his house, had dinner with him and then listen to the album. Bill asked how was it? Glyn said it sucks. Yikes.

On the border: He said why not make it a r&b song. The Temptations style. A call and response song. Everybody did a line in the bridge. Bill said this was his favorite track on the album.

One of these nights. Rock took over. Felder had just join. Joe brought up what part he has from this song. Joe gets Bernie's part. I think they said Bernie came up with the beginning part, but I thought that was a bass line.

Journey of the sorcerer - Bernie was heading out the door and wanted to try to put some of Bernie's songs on the album. Bernie brought in this instrumental and also My Man. Glenn and Don almost shot this down saying we don't do instrumental. (OK. So what is Doolin Dalton instrumental, Wasted Time reprise, I Dream There Was No War. I guess they changed their minds on that) Bill thought it felt like a Finili(SP?) in Florida vibe. Jim Ed Norman wrote the music for the strings. This song was use in a British show called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Lyin eyes- Joe called this song epic. Bill tells the famous story.

Take It To the Limit: Melvin and the Blue Notes R&B kinda vibe.

After the Thrill Is Gone: Joe asked did Bill had a hand in this. He said no. Don and Glenn brought it to him. He joked about Don and Glenn probably didn't know he producer The Thrill is Gone.

Joe joins the band and Bill asked him back then, "Are you sure you want to do this." A lot of head scratching, but it worked. Joe was around when they were writing for the One of These Nights album.

Try and Love Again: Bill asked how many songs they had ready. Joe said goose egg. Bill said one. Try and Love Again. Nothing else was done at that moment.

Hotel California: Highlight favorite moment was him sitting in the studio, Felder and Joe put down the leads for Hotel California. It took 2 days.

The Eagles wanted to do a double album. How many songs they have. None. Fleetwood Mac was also doing a double album. So it was competition. They had 17 tracks stack up and only used 4 songs that had lyrics.

The Disco Strangler: This is Bill's favorite track from the album.

Teenage Jail: Glenn tried to played sax on this song. They used synthesizer instead.

Random Victims part 3: Soul Pole series. They used that one and Bill also clean that one. I guess it was much dirty than what we hear.
Wow, this is fascinating. I never get tired of hearing about how albums were produced, which songs made the cut and why, who was doing what, etc. Thank you Shun!!!!