Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Ah yes, sorry it's taken me a while. Two record stores in Indianapolis were giving away a poster, keychain and matchbook with any purchase of the reissue as well as any other album from the guys; Indy CD and Vinyl and Luna Music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbw17dIA...n-by=lunamusic

I think the Amoeba Music locations in California were doing the same thing.
    Shadowland - Thanks for answering my question. However I have to say WHAT RECORD STORES ? There are no longer any record stores near me. The last store, a Sam Goody, closed at least 10-12 years ago.

Border Desperado

What are these mythical "Record Stores" you speak of????? hehehe..j/k.
    It's a shame though that Record Stores are basically a thing of the past.
    I loved going to my local one, talking to the guy who worked there about music, and new albums and old albums. He had the giant book that you could order from. I ordered every Eagles cassette from him, and many others. He'd call when they came in. I remember being so excited to drive down and pick up my order.
    Now days, you're stuck with Wal-Mart or Amazon.com it seems.
    I went to get the HC album at Walmart and they didn't have it, then my wife wanted the new Chris Stapleton CD...they didn't have it either. The lady said they didn't have any control over the cd's. That it was their vendors. That's when we decided to start just ordering everything from Amazon. You get it in 2 days, and they have the convenient "AutoRip" option.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    What are these mythical "Record Stores" you speak of????? hehehe..j/k.
    It's a shame though that Record Stores are basically a thing of the past.
    I loved going to my local one, talking to the guy who worked there about music, and new albums and old albums. He had the giant book that you could order from. I ordered every Eagles cassette from him, and many others. He'd call when they came in. I remember being so excited to drive down and pick up my order.
    Now days, you're stuck with Wal-Mart or Amazon.com it seems.
    I went to get the HC album at Walmart and they didn't have it, then my wife wanted the new Chris Stapleton CD...they didn't have it either. The lady said they didn't have any control over the cd's. That it was their vendors. That's when we decided to start just ordering everything from Amazon. You get it in 2 days, and they have the convenient "AutoRip" option.
    So true BB ! I loved one of the record stores I used to go to. I used to love browsing thru the store and looking at all the albums/cd. Sad that they are all gone. The one store I used to go to was great and sold concert tickets too. A B & N near me sells records and cd's. But, I know a lot of them are closing down. A really nice one near me closed last year and that store used to be very busy all the time. I have resorted to buying my cd's from either amazon, Target or Wal-Mart.

I need to check my local Walmart. I know they had Hotel California, The Best Of, Greatest Hits Volume 1 and 2, Hell Freezes Over, LROOE, and the End Of The Innocence on the shelf(I found Building the Perfect Beast at Rose's). Maybe they will have the remaster of HC.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks, Shadowland. It appears it was a record store promotion after all.

I wonder which record stores? Shoot, if I had thought about it, I bet some of the Memphis record stores might have had it.... there's a big one on Beale Street... Dang it!

And I won't be back 'til January! Surely it will be too late then, although I'll give them a call.

Aw well. Maybe they didn't have 'em. I'll just tell myself that.... but you really scored, Shadowland. Those are awesomely cool.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wanted to give my brother-in-law the 2-CD version for Christmas and had to go to three different stores to find it! The nearest Walmart and Barnes and Noble both only carried the single disc version. EXTREMELY disappointing. And they wonder why people are buying online. I finally found it at Best Buy.

BTW my conversation with the guy at Barnes and Noble was VERY frustrating.

Me: "Do you have the 2 disc 40th Anniversary Reissue of Hotel California? I looked in the rack and all I saw was the single disc."

[Guy goes over to rack. Pulls out single disc version.] "Here it is."

Me: "No, that's the single disc. There's another version that's two discs. It contains live material."

[Guy looks skeptical.] "The reissue is just Hotel California."

Me: "I know that. The version I'm talking about has a second disc with the live tracks as bonus material."

[Guy still looks doubtful - does he think I've imagined this second version??] "Well, I haven't seen anything like that. I'll look it up."

Me: "No, that's OK. Thank you for your help."

Sigh.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I wanted to give my brother-in-law the 2-CD version for Christmas and had to go to three different stores to find it! The nearest Walmart and Barnes and Noble both only carried the single disc version. EXTREMELY disappointing. And they wonder why people are buying online. I finally found it at Best Buy.

BTW my conversation with the guy at Barnes and Noble was VERY frustrating.

Me: "Do you have the 2 disc 40th Anniversary Reissue of Hotel California? I looked in the rack and all I saw was the single disc."

[Guy goes over to rack. Pulls out single disc version.] "Here it is."

Me: "No, that's the single disc. There's another version that's two discs. It contains live material."

[Guy looks skeptical.] "The reissue is just Hotel California."

Me: "I know that. The version I'm talking about has a second disc with the live tracks as bonus material."

[Guy still looks doubtful - does he think I've imagined this second version??] "Well, I haven't seen anything like that. I'll look it up."

Me: "No, that's OK. Thank you for your help."

Sigh.
    Soda - OMG ! Did you finally find the cd for your BIL ? I did not even know they re-released just a single disc version.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Soda - OMG ! Did you finally find the cd for your BIL ? I did not even know they re-released just a single disc version.
    Yes - Best Buy had it, thank goodness!

I knew there was a single-CD version but I thought the double one would be the one that would be easy to find. It seems the single one is the default which most stores are carrying, not the double one. That surprises me.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy my own after all. I held out all this time hoping to get it for Christmas but nope! However, it was still worth waiting as I can use a gift card from my aunt towards the price.

All this to say... I'm excited that soon, I'll be able to finally listen to this!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I got lucky, my sister got me the 2 disc version. Theres a nice litttle booklet in it with some pics as well. I've been with the family a lot this week so haven't had a lot of time but I will get down to playing it in the next few days. Soda I hope yours arrives soon.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP