I was watching a documentary on The Seventies on Netflix - a lengthy one, eight episodes long. One of those episodes was devoted entirely to music.

I clicked on the episode, fully expecting to see the phenomenon that was Hotel California covered if nothing else.

NOT EVEN A MENTION. NOT EVEN A MENTION, PEOPLE.

THE BAND DID NOT GET A MENTION.

Can you believe it? What an outrage! Now, Glenn and Don got mentioned in a list of names rattled off of songwriters discovered at the Troubadour, and their images were duly flashed across the screen amongst a dozen others, but that's it.

I guess it's possible that the band's picture might also have been flashed across the screen during a montage while I glanced away for a millisecond, but I do know that they were not mentioned by any commentator (although Linda Ronstadt in an interview clip from the 70s talks about how she and the Eagles are part of the California sound).

What the freak?!

Fleetwood Mac got a segment, so it wasn't like they weren't doing bands of the genre. FM got one, but not the Eagles?

It seems like the Eagles get snubbed a lot by music critics, but this was a documentary about POPULAR MUSIC IN THE SEVENTIES! And the Eagles didn't get a MENTION!

I'm sorry, I just had to vent my disgust!!!