Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
I got the impression Glenn wasn't very confident about his voice, esp. being in a band with Henley. Felder wrote that Glenn would not want anyone around in the control room when he was singing. Randy said he admired how Glenn kept working on his vocals till he got it right.

I love Glenn's voice but I don't think he could have pulled off "One of These Nights" and sing those R-n-B falsettos the way Henley did. He just didn't have Henley's range. I suspect this is why he handed off "Most of Us Are Sad" to Randy b/c again, he didn't have the range to hit those low notes. Of course, Glenn did improve over time.

I think Henley singing "Tequila Sunrise" or Glenn singing "Victim of Love" would be interesting.
Of course Randy's version of "Most of Us Are Sad" is beautiful. But Glenn wrote it, so I feel he would have no problem singing it. And mainly, I would KILL to hear him sing that one line: "I will sing you far away...."
It seems I remember reading that at a private show Glenn was doing, fans were demanding "Hotel California". They said he finally relented, saying he couldn't play it, but what the heck. I don't know if it's true, but would love to have heard that.
Not saying leads should have been switched. But everyone would like MORE leads from their favorite. I wish they had made more records.