Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: LROOE press

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    TBF, that's great news! 20 years is really a good cause to celebrate, and how sweet that your hubby thinks an Eagles concert will fit the bill! As far as buying tickets, my advice is to bide your time. It seems as though Ticketmaster release the tickets in dribs and drabs. If you leap in too soon you may not get the best tickets. I tried for a couple of days on TM and didn't find anything good, so resorted to Ebay, where the tickets were great but I paid well over the odds. If you have the time and patience, keep checking on ticketmaster - it seems perfect seats come to those who wait - if you can live with the uncertainty!!
    Really??? That sounds reasonable but it almost scares me! I imagine at these prices that they won't go to awfully fast but still... I've never been to this arena and was on line the other day checking reviews of the facility. Some people where saying that the floor tickets for a concert aren't all that good. I know I am not paying for the ILAA experience, no matter how much I would love to be right up front (on Tim's side of course). Any more advice from anyone? Do you all agree I should try to hold off a bit as scary as it may be?

Larry (my husband) asked last night if I had got hotel reservations yet and I told him I was holding off till after had the tickets so I knew which night we'd be staying. Told him I wish I knew which hotel that the Eagles would be staying in. He didn't miss a beat, and said, "I was hoping you'd come back to the hotel room with ME that night!" He is such a smart a*s sometimes-but yet he knows me so well!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TBF, I think it kind of depends on whether the concert is sold out or not. I don't know when they decide that, but it seems that even if it is, there are tickets that become available just a day or two before the show. I've been finding that out myself. But it's nerve racking not knowing until the last minute.

As for floor seats, it's best to get as close as you can or it's hard to see. Especially if you're short. Now if you are tall you might be ok. I'm 5'3 and it seems like I always get tall people in front of me.

With the price of gas and everything else going up, I'm thinking these concerts might not sell as well as in the past.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    Larry (my husband) asked last night if I had got hotel reservations yet and I told him I was holding off till after had the tickets so I knew which night we'd be staying. Told him I wish I knew which hotel that the Eagles would be staying in. He didn't miss a beat, and said, "I was hoping you'd come back to the hotel room with ME that night!" He is such a smart a*s sometimes-but yet he knows me so well!!
    I love him!

The thing is TBF, given the choice who WOULD you go back with.....??
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    With the price of gas and everything else going up, I'm thinking these concerts might not sell as well as in the past.
    Good point Brooke! When the essentials go up its usually the entertainment budget that is first to be hit! Gas (or Petrol as we call it over here has reached an all-time high retailing at about E1.30 /L thats about $2. Food has also gone up by about 8% already this year which is twice the rate of inflation!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    I love that, TBF! Your hubby has a great sense of humour!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

As for floor seats, it's best to get as close as you can or it's hard to see. Especially if you're short. Now if you are tall you might be ok. I'm 5'3 and it seems like I always get tall people in front of me.
    I hear you, Brooke. I feel very fortunate to be 5'8" tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Good point Brooke! When the essentials go up its usually the entertainment budget that is first to be hit! Gas (or Petrol as we call it over here has reached an all-time high retailing at about E1.30 /L thats about $2. Food has also gone up by about 8% already this year which is twice the rate of inflation!!
    I can identify, Brooke and GA. We're going through the same crisis in South Africa. Our petrol price is at an all time high, and just about everything else has gone up, including food and clothing.

Here's another blog review about the Eagles' concert in New York:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the Eagles at Madison Square Garden over the weekend. I've never seen them before, and I don't think I've ever seen a more professional, precise rock n' roll show. The four actual band members wear black suits and ties, with white shirts, and put me in mind of a group of law partners who played in bands in college and are getting together to sing for the firm's annual Christmas party. (The sidemen also wore black suits and ties, but with black shirts.) The renditions of the songs were perfect. Every ounce of craftsmanship that went into making these songs classics was on display -- in contrast to the ragged glory of, say, CSNY. And Don Henley has, I submit, the most beautiful voice of any white man alive. Glenn Frey has the most inoffensive, and in many ways perfect, Eagles voice. It's amazing how well these guys cohere as a unit when they seem to not be able to get along at all. So here's the deal: perfect harmonies, perfect melodies, great graphics, and no surprises. It helps a great deal that their recent double album "Long Road Out of Eden" is also really, really good -- better than their late pre-breakup records. It hurts, at least me, that they didn't do "Already Gone" or "The Heart of the Matter." I loved it, but at $200 or so for the good seats, it's not, for most people, a casual decision. (Media criticism bonus: Henley's "Dirty Laundry" comes with a video montage attacking Murdoch, Fox News, and crappy magazines, but carelessly includes The New Yorker in it.)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Here's another blog review about the Eagles' concert in New York:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw the Eagles at Madison Square Garden over the weekend. I've never seen them before, and I don't think I've ever seen a more professional, precise rock n' roll show. The four actual band members wear black suits and ties, with white shirts, and put me in mind of a group of law partners who played in bands in college and are getting together to sing for the firm's annual Christmas party. (The sidemen also wore black suits and ties, but with black shirts.) The renditions of the songs were perfect. Every ounce of craftsmanship that went into making these songs classics was on display -- in contrast to the ragged glory of, say, CSNY. And Don Henley has, I submit, the most beautiful voice of any white man alive. Glenn Frey has the most inoffensive, and in many ways perfect, Eagles voice. It's amazing how well these guys cohere as a unit when they seem to not be able to get along at all. So here's the deal: perfect harmonies, perfect melodies, great graphics, and no surprises. It helps a great deal that their recent double album "Long Road Out of Eden" is also really, really good -- better than their late pre-breakup records. It hurts, at least me, that they didn't do "Already Gone" or "The Heart of the Matter." I loved it, but at $200 or so for the good seats, it's not, for most people, a casual decision. (Media criticism bonus: Henley's "Dirty Laundry" comes with a video montage attacking Murdoch, Fox News, and crappy magazines, but carelessly includes The New Yorker in it.)
    What a great review!!
    I have to admit I am having second thoughts myself about getting tickets because of the price, add on hotel, train or gas money, food, shirts/programs and cab fares, we are looking at a $900.00 evening at the very least. I am having a real hard time justifying that, 20th anniversary or not, with everything else that is setting on our platters right now. As much as I LOVE them and have never had the chance to see them--I just don't know!! Someone help reason with me here please!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, only YOU can make that decision. However, I think the 20th anniversary is a really big occasion, and if you feel you can afford it, I am sure it will be a trip that you will always remember.