Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: LROOE press

Love your thoughts, FP. I can imagine how shocked you must have been to encounter Rod Stewart on the street!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Wow - cool story about Rod Stewart, FP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Absolutely, Brilliant story FP. Myself and a friend passed Andre Agassi when we were in Wimbledon to see some of the tennis in 1992 (around the time LID was recorded!). We were just walking down the street when he walked past us in the opposite direction. We both turned to each other simultaneously, mouths open unable to speak. Finally we said in unison. 'THAT WAS AGASSI'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Love your thoughts, FP. I can imagine how shocked you must have been to encounter Rod Stewart on the street!
    Yes, except it was actually inside St Paul's Cathedral, which as I said is why I left him to himself. I think I had just left my favourite spot there, John Donne's tomb, and was walking down one of the side aisles.

Famous people have the right to be tourists too. That's why I drew the analogy with Joe's story about Westminster Abbey.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Yes, except it was actually inside St Paul's Cathedral, which as I said is why I left him to himself. I think I had just left my favourite spot there, John Donne's tomb, and was walking down one of the side aisles.

Famous people have the right to be tourists too. That's why I drew the analogy with Joe's story about Westminster Abbey.
    We did John Donnes poetry in school. He was my favourite poet. I can still recite some of his poems today and I haven't read them in over 20 years!! Obviously you liked him as well!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I don't want to veer off topic here but the only time my mother taught me English was our two weeks of Donne in my final year of high school. She normally taught the advanced English class but didn't want to do it with me there. But she made an exception for Donne who is also her favourite poet. It was probably the best two weeks of classes I had at school. My mother was a great teacher. I still love 'wild Jack Donne' and his transformation to 'Dr Donne' as she called him.

Now back on topic has anyone noticed the RS cover photo credits?

'Cover photograph by Max Vadukal.

The Eagles: JW, GF, DH & TBS (from left), photographed at Smashbox Studios, Culver City, California, April 2008. Henley's and Schmit's grooming by Mira Hyde. Walsh's and Frey's grooming by Judy Lewin. Walsh's hair by Andy LeCompte for Solo Artists'.

Could I do that? I could 'groom' Mr Frey. I could pat his hair, straighten his shirt collar, you know, that sort of thing!

I think I could have done a better grooming job that Judy. His shirt needs straightening!

As far as Donne goes - he's magnificent. One of my favorites. I took a seminar on Donne that was one of the most challenging classes I've ever taken - and it was completely worth it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh I wouldn't mind a chance at 'grooming' Mr Frey either!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I'll do Don!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I get Tim!!! A little straightening gel and a hot iron and oh baby he would look even better!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low