I know these days, with the internet being what it is, there's very little mystery out there. You know who will or wont be back on favorite TV shows, you know bands set lists and have probably seen much of the concert via You Tube, before you actually go, but one of my fondest memories was of the huge surprise that I got when I saw the Eagles in 1995 on HFO tour.
I had seen the HFO TV special, bought the VHS, and the cassette tape. Loved it, but I was not crazy about the acoustic Hotel California. I had, however resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't get to hear the original version live.
When we got to the arena, waiting for the lights to come up, I fully expected to see the same Eagles that I'd seen on TV, sitting on stools, and really expected the same songs, done the same. Needless to say, I was shocked and had goose bumps running up and down my arm when the thunder stopped, and the spot light hits Felder on the double neck....playing the original version of Hotel California!!!!