Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Nominated for BRIT Awards

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    So there are quite a few Paul McCartney fans here. As I said, sorry if I gave offence, it wasn't intentional. I wouldn't want to upset my fellow Eagles fans. I just don't like PMcC's music. Sorry.

LOL
    Steph
    Oh gosh Steph, please don't worry about it. As we always say around here, you don't have to apologize for having an opinion on this board.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yep. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Different strokes for different folks.

I like some of the Beatles and Paul's. Definitely not all of it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

You didn't offend anyone, Steph, but it might be an idea if you had a listen to Sir Paul's old band. I believe they were called the Beatles. They did the occasional OK tune.

And I LOVED Mull Of Kintyre! I still love it! I know it was #1 in Britain for a long time but so was Bryan Adams' Everything I Do (I Do It For You) .... (Gag).... now I say sorry to Bryan Adams fans!

The Eagles, by the way, could not have won a Brit award, or the organisers would have been savaged by such reputable organs of the press as NME and Q. They can't allow that.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Agreed FP! That would NEVER do!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I'm not a big Beatles fan though I like some of their songs. But I really like many songs from Paul and his band The Wings.

I watched the show yesterday, halfway. It was so exciting that I fell asleep after a little while. Mika... AWFUL !!! That guy can't sing, that's definite.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I copied it as I'm precticing using the new recorder and thought that IF the boys had one a prize it would have been nice to have. But I didn't think much of the show. If anyone wants the copy its yours!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

GA, since I didn't watch the entire show... what about Take That? Were they performing?

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    So there are quite a few Paul McCartney fans here. As I said, sorry if I gave offence, it wasn't intentional. I wouldn't want to upset my fellow Eagles fans. I just don't like PMcC's music. Sorry.

LOL
    Steph
    No worries, Steph. You're entitled to your opinion! I think he's great and you don't - there's no harm in that.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    You didn't offend anyone, Steph, but it might be an idea if you had a listen to Sir Paul's old band. I believe they were called the Beatles. They did the occasional OK tune.

And I LOVED Mull Of Kintyre! I still love it! I know it was #1 in Britain for a long time but so was Bryan Adams' Everything I Do (I Do It For You) .... (Gag).... now I say sorry to Bryan Adams fans!

The Eagles, by the way, could not have won a Brit award, or the organisers would have been savaged by such reputable organs of the press as NME and Q. They can't allow that.
    Highlighted text: FP, this cracked me up!

I also love "Mull Of Kintyre". I believe it actually broke a record previously held by The Beatles with "She Loves You" for the longest running no. 1 in Britain.

As far as I know, "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" was no. 1 for 16 weeks, which broke all previous records. FP, you'll be disappointed to know that the song is one of my staples in our band! It always goes down a treat, though, and I admit that I love singing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I copied it as I'm precticing using the new recorder and thought that IF the boys had one a prize it would have been nice to have. But I didn't think much of the show. If anyone wants the copy its yours!
    You're very generous, GA! I'd like to see it purely to see Paul McCartney.