Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: London, England 3-20-08

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Catfight with you MF? Never!

We could simply give Glenn the benefit of both our attentions in relaxing those muscles. MMMM!
    Now THERE'S an idea, GA!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I DO love that last "tongue" pic you posted of Don, Mrs F! And I know what you mean about Don's endearing expressions, especially when he is playing alongside longtime buddy Glenn. Those two complement each other so well. "Like brothers," as he said in the 60 Minutes interview.

( I could've done without "those shoes" with that handsome black suit, however. )

I'm glad you liked the "tongue" pic, DF! I just knew you would!

I was touched to hear Don's comments about his and Glenn's friendship in the "60 Minutes" interview.

I had to laugh about your "those shoes" comment!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Thanks for these, MF!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

[quote="Mrs Frey"]

I promised StephUK that I'd post a photo of Will, despite it's poor quality. I'm skipping ahead to "No More Cloudy Days" now, but didn't want to make her wait:

Thanks for posting this. I'm always grateful for photos of Will, regardless of quality or size!

LOL
    Steph

Stuck on the Border

More excellent photos.

The 'mystery percussionist' reminds me of the techie in the HITW video helping Tim sing HITW. It couldn't be, surely.

Another press review:

"My wonderful musical week ended on Thursday at The O2 where I was lucky enough to enjoy The Eagles on what was, I think, the opening concert of their Long Road Out Of Eden Tour. They hit the stage at 7.45, looking great in their black suits and ties and white shirts, and sounding even better. They opened with “How Long” from the current album, and it just kept getting better. Faultless harmonies on “No More Walks In The Woods” were followed by “Busy Being Fabulous” and “No More Cloudy Days” from the new album and some old favourites like “Peaceful Easy Feeling” from their first album and Lyin’ Eyes (dedicated by Glenn Frey to his first wife) and the title track from their fourth album “One Of These Nights”. “Hotel California” came pretty early on, with a nice trumpet intro and the great duelling guitar section. While the current line up of Don Henley, Glen Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmit is officially The Eagles, guitarist Stuart Smith, who co-produced their current album, appears to be unofficially their fifth member. He shares front of stage with them, joins in on the vocals and covers many of the guitar parts originally taken by former members Bernie Leadon and Don Felder. Anyway, the first half continued with examples of their various solo works, notably “Boys Of Summer” from Don Henley, and the title track of their 1977 album “The Long Run”.

The second half opened with an acoustic set that peaked with “Take It To The Limit” before an awesome version of “Long Road Out Of Eden”. Things got pretty rocky at this stage with impeccable versions of “Life In The Fast Lane”, “Witchy Woman” and some more solo numbers including a very entertaining “Life’s Been Good” from Joe Walsh and a show stopping rendition of Don Henley’s “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”. The first encore gave us Joe Walsh’s other hit “Rocky Mountain Way” and “Heartache Tonight” but we knew there had to be more. We hadn’t heard “Take It Easy” or “Desperado” so they had to come back and do at least one of them. Wouldn’t you know it; they came back and did both of them. After that, we knew it was game over, but what a night. It has been a long time since I came away from a concert with the songs still in my head the next morning. Don’t miss the chance to see these guys, they are the business.

The only downside to the evening was, despite leaving the gig at 11.10pm, we were locked out of North Greenwich tube until just before midnight due to overcrowding. And London is hosting the Olympics? Give me a break. So, all that remains is to wish you a happy Easter, stay safe and well and keep gigging."

http://backstagepass.seatwaveblogs.c..._london_17.php

That's a great review from what seems like a true fan. I have to agree with his comments on London Transport. We got the last service from the O2 at about 12.15, but our next connection (in Central London) had shut down and MF and I nearly had to walk the two miles back to our hotels. Luckily, we managed to flag down a cab.

Thanks for posting
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    More excellent photos.

The 'mystery percussionist' reminds me of the techie in the HITW video helping Tim sing HITW. It couldn't be, surely.

You may be right here, Fp. I've looked through GA's (wonderful)video of the band intros - there is a new member mentioned - Richard Davies on keyboards, but he looks completely different.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Steph gave me an idea and I searched flickr for some more concert photos. Here are a couple more sets:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_ma...7604304358143/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/81037483@N00/