Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor All-Stars!

Default survivors

WITW is gone Ok, ok, I understand the reasoning so I won't quibble. But once again, I cast my vote for TIE.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I can't believe there are votes for Hotel California already! I regard that song as a masterpiece--for the music, the lyrics, the vocals, the mood it evokes. It was a ground-breaking song when it was first played on the radio and remains so, even today.
    I quite agree with you DF, and it's probably the only song that non-fans can name.

For me, for this round, I must choose between Take It Easy and Already Gone. Both are infectious, upbeat songs that I adore.
    Hasn't Already Gone already gone? (Ok, I'll just get my coat!)

Boy, this round is going to be close.

I cast my vote for Desperado

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I'm so passionate about this round that I'm doing this from work! Shhh! Don't tell anyone! I hate to sacrifice Hotel California, but to save Desperado, I must cast my vote for Hotel California. It's killing me to do so (especially when I really want to vote off Heartache Tonight ) This is only going to get harder...
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Now this is just plain wierd! How can anyone vote off Hotel CA already? I must agree with DF here.

I just can't see how HT compares to the remaining three. But that's just my opinion.

I cast my vote, again, for Heartache Tonight.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    For me, for this round, I must choose between Take It Easy and Already Gone. Both are infectious, upbeat songs that I adore.
    Hasn't Already Gone already gone? (Ok, I'll just get my coat!)
    Oops! I meant to say Heartache Tonight instead of Already Gone!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its called 'Strategic voting'. But sometimes I suppose the strategy gets in the way of the real voting! I was thinking HC would be in competition with the one I wanted to win in the final round, and if it came to a tie my vote here would help. Its not that I actually wanted to see it go!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - I have to agree with DF here. There is no way that Hotel California should be voted off here, IMO. As has been stated, Hotel California is probably the best known Eagles song (although I admit Take It Easy may be close). Everything about this song is incredibly awesome - and the lyrics and guitar solos are among the best ever in the history of rock 'n roll. This song had such a social impact when it was released that it was literally being discussed all over the world. The cultural significance of this song puts it at a level that few others have achieved. That's why it is considered one of the best song ever written. Let's form a coalition to save Hotel California.

Even though it is a very awesome song itself, vote for Desperado.

I cast my vote for Desperado.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't know how y'all can do this. It's like choosing which one of my children I love best. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    I don't know how y'all can do this. It's like choosing which one of my children I love best. LOL
    Isn't that the truth? I felt a little guilty choosing Hotel California to try to save Desperado, but I just can't let Desperado go... Frankly, I can't believe Heartache Tonight is still in the running (although Brooke and I tried our hardest to get rid of it).
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    LOL! PLS! Thats Exactly what it feels like! Every song has its own merits and it is just so hard to choose!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP