Hey all:
I was a student at University of Illinois when the Eagles opened for the Marshall Tucker Band on THE DAY that the HOTEL CALIFORNIA album was released. The Eagles new sound was so "electric" we went crazy and roaring with cheers.

I remember after the stage change in the flying saucer ASSEMBLY HALL the major act THE MARSHALL TUCKER BAND played. Although very popular with hits of their own ("I heard it in a love song, can't be wrong...") it sounded like they were playing in mollassas after that EAGLES opening act. We started booing, playing the role of rude guests to the MTB. I remember they said something like "come on, The Eagles are a great band but we're good too..." but that didn't stop us.

I don't think any of us meant to be booing or yelling out for the eagles. It was that The Eagles just sounded like a rocket ride to rock n roll heaven.

I tried today to look for the concert online in the search engines but zippo. I think it might have been a student entertainment management group STAR COURSE, or something like that, who booked the bands.

REALLY it was the highlight of my 5 years there in the architecture school.

Can this concert date get confirmed and put up on the HOME page?

Also, just caught a March1977 video of the HOTEL CALIFORNIA tour in DC online and I think it was Joe Walsh wearing an ILLINOIS sweat shirt ... so that was just 3 months after the concert.

The 1:59 mark far left side in the utube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFsoBquHJo

Cheers,
Illinois kid jaykay, now living in Brisbane Australia