Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My fav ex is Bernie. He is so talented. And I really enjoy the old sound that he was so invested in. My Man is one of my favorite songs. I did have to turn it off when I was driving home after finding out my dear friend Dave had died tho...the "far beyond the pain" line was more than I could handle. But that was only the one time. The beauty of the song overpowers any sadness the lyrics might stir up. I should listen to some of his post Eagles stuff. I'm ashamed to say I never followed him after the Eagles. But then, for me, it's more about the Eagles as a whole than the various parts.

Stuck on the Border

I'm a Bernie person too. After Glenn and Don's songs my favourite Eagles songs tend to be Bernie's - My Man, Bitter Creek, Train Leaves Here This Morning - although there are two glaring exceptions from the OOTN album. I like the rather prickly relationship he has with Glenn in the BBC special (Halloween ain't the summer! - Details). I really should try and obtain his solo work because I'm sure I would enjoy it. I do have some Flying Burrito Brothers songs he plays on.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Does it really matter how Glenn is described by Funk50? Nothing will change that fact that he is no longer alive. Forgive me, but this recent discussion makes me think of the Parrot Sketch.

The intention of the thread was clear and should be to anyone who isn't trying to cause trouble. Which of Bernie Leadon, Randy Meisner and Don Felder is you favourite?

Mine is still Bernie and I prefer the recordings made when he was in the band. I also prefer the live sound of the bootlegs from that era. It was a big thrill to see him back with Glenn and Don during the HotE tour.

UTW-- Yep on the Parrot Sketch.

I like Bernie, too. I love his voice. Gotta go with Randy as my favorite, but Bernie is a close second.

I can't choose a favorite between Randy, Bernie and Don F. Can I vote all three?

Border Desperado

I'd have to go with Randy. Not to say that I don't adore Felder and Bernie as well, but I ha e a soft spot for Mr. Meisner

I'd have to say that Felder & Meisner are two of my favorite ex-Eagles. I just like Felder as a guitarist and Randy, of course, was a person I knew of who had worked with another famous guy (Rick Nelson) as bassist for the first incarnation of The Stone Canyon Band in 1969. There's actually a release that has most of Rick's opening engagement at "The Troubadour" in '69 called, "Easy To Be Free."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't know if I ever replied to this thread so just in case, Randy was always my favorite ex-Eagle. He was right up there with Glenn and Don in the looks department and his voice and bass playing were wonderful!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'd have to say that Felder & Meisner are two of my favorite ex-Eagles. I just like Felder as a guitarist and Randy, of course, was a person I knew of who had worked with another famous guy (Rick Nelson) as bassist for the first incarnation of The Stone Canyon Band in 1969. There's actually a release that has most of Rick's opening engagement at "The Troubadour" in '69 called, "Easy To Be Free."
    Hi Tony, since it sounds like you are a fan of Rick Nelson, you may be interested in a thread about him and his band in Randy’s sub-forum. Here’s the link:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ne-Canyon-Band

Any contributions you may have are most welcome! It was such an interesting time for Randy and Rick in their musical careers.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Randy is my favorite ex Eagle and Take It To The Limit is my favorite Eagles song. How he hit those high notes at the end continues to amaze me.