Thread: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Do You Have a Favorite Ex-Eagle?

I remember reading interviews from the 80s where the guys were saying that nobody recognized them because they didn't put their faces on their album covers (except for Desperado), and they didn't do too many interviews.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

My best friend was a huge David Cassidy fan and she bought all the fan magazines and singles. He was marketed at very young teen and pre-teen girls (we'd have been about 12 or 13 and were right on target). The songs tended to be young love songs ("I think I love you", "Cherish", Breaking up is Hard to Do", off the top of my head). The Partridge Family was a safe family show and he played a teen even if he was in his twenties.

I don't remember the Eagles being marketed at all but I believe they were aiming more for late-teens/early twenties. The songs are about drinking, sex, drugs and gambling rather than romantic love. Marketing a band-member as a heart-throb just wouldn't have been cool.

Still, I've seen mentions here and there that they wanted to become the american Beatles but it didn't quite work out.

Border Desperado

On the ex eagle discussion- my first favorite is Randy. It really was not until seeing him in HOTE that I realized how truly good looking he was. Physically good looking for sure, but something about his inner nature seems to come through on his face as well. Peacefulness or a kindness? maybe? I don't know quite what it is. He had a really good singing voice.

Thinking back, Randy did have the David Cassidy type look but the Eagles were just not that type of band, their target audience was older than what the David Cassidy camp aimed at and then comes the "problem" of having all these really good looking men in one band- what do you?

My second favorite from a talent perspective: Don Felder. That whole situation is really too bad.

[QUOTE=Zanny;276675]On the ex eagle discussion- my first favorite is Randy. It really was not until seeing him in HOTE that I realized how truly good looking he was. Physically good looking for sure, but something about his inner nature seems to come through on his face as well. Peacefulness or a kindness? maybe? I don't know quite what it is.

I have thought the same thing many times after watching the HOTE. The full impact of his looks and talent kind of hit me like a "wow" moment. There are many good looking and talented men, but something about Randy, some intangible quality comes through. It is very attractive and endearing at the same time.

Randy seems to have a spiritual vibe he can send out, even from old video's. He gets to you not just his exceptionally good looks but his voice and the soul that comes through. He acts very gracious also...
    All these emotions at once, is what vibe Randy sends out..

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Randy seems to have a spiritual vibe he can send out, even from old video's. He gets to you not just his exceptionally good looks but his voice and the soul that comes through. He acts very gracious also...
    All these emotions at once, is what vibe Randy sends out..
    My favorite is the gorgeous talented and humble mr meisner
    Soo smouchingly gorgeous yet so quiet and in the background always a reliable 'bass'. I can hear him on bass on all the tracks , so constant and steady , an amazing musician , and a foundation foralleagles success.

Out on the Border

Hi all, I'm new here but had to chime in. I am in love with Randy Meisner, isn't he deliciously handsome!!? Besides his great looks, he is the most talented singer of the 70's and 80's! Just love his sweet gentle voice 🎶🎶💕💕

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

[quote=randysgirl;276732]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
    On the ex eagle discussion- my first favorite is Randy. It really was not until seeing him in HOTE that I realized how truly good looking he was. Physically good looking for sure, but something about his inner nature seems to come through on his face as well. Peacefulness or a kindness? maybe? I don't know quite what it is.

I have thought the same thing many times after watching the HOTE. The full impact of his looks and talent kind of hit me like a "wow" moment. There are many good looking and talented men, but something about Randy, some intangible quality comes through. It is very attractive and endearing at the same time.
    Vulnerability perhaps. A touch of the James Dean "wounded man-child" archetype that is so compelling - to me, anyway!

Randy is so talented as a musician/singer and it doesn't hurt that he is gorgeous. I do think it's the vulnerability quality that attracts a lot of people to him at first sight. From what I've read about him he is very shy and gentle in nature aslo.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A lot of people can relate to it as well. The first time I watched HOTE (only a little over a month ago! It caused me to become a full-on Eagles fan), it was striking how similarly Joe Walsh and Randy described their feelings at the height of the band's fame. Randy says something like, "I was basically terrified all the time." Joe felt the same but covered it up with humor, outrageous behavior and alcohol.