Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I was looking at a few videos of Vince playing with pop and rock stars. Vince did a special called CMT Country Crossroads when he paired with Sting. He sang If I Ever Lose My Faith and other songs(I had to look much deeper on YouTube. I have the special on my DVR). He sang on the Country Rhythm and Blues album(that came out the same time as Common Thread) and sang with Gladys Knight. He and Michael McDonald wrote a song together on his When Love Finds You album (Michael sang backup on that song). He sang with future wife Amy Grant back in the 90s. He sang with Kelly Clarkson, James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Barbra Streisband(the song is called If You Ever Leave Me. I love this duet), he sang a Beatles song with Sting, Pharnell Williams(he didn't sing, but he was on drums), and Dave Matthews.

I think I'm going my mind about Vince singing the rocking songs. I think he can actually do a good job on that.

Its going to be interesting with what songs Deacon and Vince will sing and I really hope they will showcase their guitar skills.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-07-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley