I’m sure I’m not the only one here who thinks that Don’s voice is the sexiest voice in the music industry. I bet we all have our favorite moments in songs when that voice (not necessarily the lyrics) just makes us sigh, melt, get weak in the knees, whatever… Here are some of those moments for me. These are just the ones I can think of right now; rest assured, there are many, many more.

One of These Nights – “We’re gonna find one - (breath intake) - Mmmmm, one that really screams.” (I love that little breath and the mmmmm part.)
Also from OOTN – “Whoa-ooh-whoa-ooh-whoa-ooh”

After the Thrill is Gone – “Any kind of love without passion, Well, that ain’t no kind of lovin’ at all.”

Hotel California – “…she got the Mercedes bends…uuhh”
“Such a lovely face” in the second “Welcome to the Hotel California…” refrain.

Life in the Fast Lane – “Are you with me so far?” The second, deeper “Everything, all the time.” Anytime he follows “Life in the fast lane” with a little “yeah” or “uh”
(Okay, so I like when he moans and grunts in his songs. )

Wasted Time – “You just loved the boy too well.” (I love how he goes high on “loved.”)

The Last Resort – “And in the name of God” “Kiss it goodbye.” (I love how he goes higher and higher on “goodbye.”)

New Kid in Town – I know it’s Glenn’s song, but…I love listening to Don’s harmonies in this song. And, (surprise, surprise) I like his “Ohhhhh” before the second “Johnny-come-lately” refrain.

How Long – “The muddy river runs so deep”

What Do I Do With My Heart – “When I’m still missing you…”

Waiting in the Weeds – Okay, basically the whole damn song, but especially, “And he’s the darling of the chic. The flavor of the week is melting down your pretty summer dress…”

Whoa! I better stop with the Eagles’ tunes and move on to his solo stuff:

Boys of Summer – “Remember how I made you scream?” (Uh, no, but I can imagine…)

Not Enough Love in the World – My sig says it all.

Sunset Grill – “Don’t worry girl, I’m gonna stick by you. And someday soon we’re gonna get in the car and get outa here.” (My bags are packed, Don. I’m ready when you are!)

Last Worthless Evening – “And it just breaks my heart to see you here this way. Someday I’ll get the nerve to walk up to you and say…” (Say no more, Don. I'm yours!)

I Will Not Go Quietly – Everyone’s favorite line: “I wanna wrap my lovin’ arms around the small of your back, yeah, and I’m gonna pull you, pull you, pull you, pull you right up close to me.” (Again, ready when you are.)

Nobody’s Business – “What a price for a victimless crime”

Talking to the Moon – “And never change at all. I – WAS – JUST – TALKING – to the moon…”

Okay, I’ve got to stop before my brain explodes from Henley overload!

What are some of your favorite vocal moments?