Page 98 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

UTW - Go to the Eagles Appreciation fan FB page. A link was posted to win free tickets the the shows which includes the hotel but not the cost of air fare.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

About a possible new album I actually heard rumors about it a couple weeks ago on my local classic rock station QFM96. They air a national program on Sunday nights where it's various classic rock bands live in concert and the host was talking about the new Classic East/West shows and was teasing who the new additions would be for the show for the Eagles (this was before Deacon and Vince were confirmed) and then said there was rumors of a new Eagles album. I hadn't seen this posted anywhere else online before or since, but it was the first time I heard that. Again I don't have a problem with them touring anymore after learning more and all the interviews, and a lot of other classic rock, country, and other genre bands have continued on after a member passed away so it's their decision and a lot still want to see them including some of my family and friends. I've just accepted it and am ok with it now.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Don Henley and Jackson Browne confirmed they were both estranged from Glenn Frey when he passed away in January 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah - First off, I want to clarify my statement as to the band moving on. I of course did not mean them not moving on with their lives. What I meant to say was I objected to them moving forward as a group and calling themselves the Eagles. I worded it the wrong way and for that I apologize.

Obviously, you and others disagree with those of us who feel continuing and calling themselves the Eagles is fine. I understand that. However, I don't feel I am being sanctimonious when I say I object with the band continuing and calling themselves that. I have stated it before and will say it again - I would love to see Don, Tim and Joe touring together and in fact would pay to see a show like that. Of course they can do whatever they like. It dose not mean I have to be happy with it. I feel it tarnishes the legacy of the band.

As for filming these concerts series, I think it is sad to think they would film these and not have filmed at least one show of the HOTE Tour. And, yes, I know WHY they would film these Classic shows.
    I really believe there is a good chance there will be filming and recording of this event and the bands performing. See link below.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/paul-mccartn...-dvd-627408953

Stuck on the Border

[quote=Dawn;358712]Don Henley and Jackson Browne confirmed they were both estranged from Glenn Frey when he passed away in January 2016.

Dawn - You are correct. Don stated it when he gave the interview with the Washington Post in Dec. 2016 for the KCH. In that interview he indicated Jackson said the same thing to him. Don stated he had been estranged from Glenn for years and Jackson stated to Don he had too. I remember being shocked/surprised when I saw that in print.

Last interview I saw, Don vaguely mentioned filming the show so I would not be surprised to see a DVD and CD from the show.

BTW - If anyone is interested, my local Classic Radio Station here in the NY/NJ Metro area (Q104.3) will be giving away free tickets to Classic East on Monday.

Default New Eagles members????

I just saw this on the Acoustic Guitar Forum:

"Has anyone else read that The Eagles are adding two new members to continue performing and touring?

The two new members will be Deacon Frey, Glenn's 24 year old son and (drum roll)... Vince Gill...

I know Vince has the high tenor voice, and his guitar
    chops take a backseat to no one...

This might be interesting..."

Any thoughts???
    A house without dogs is like a house without music!

Banned

Default Re: New Eagles members????

We hadn't heard that. Are there any performances scheduled with this "new Eagles?"

Default Re: New Eagles members????

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    We hadn't heard that. Are there any performances scheduled with this "new Eagles?"

Not a clue if it's even true... like I said, just saw it on another forum.....
    A house without dogs is like a house without music!

Don stated he had been estranged from Glenn for years
    I guess Don was like the uncle your dad hadn't been comfortable hanging out with since that awkward argument at cousin Hazel's wedding 10 years ago.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

[quote=sodascouts;358718]
    Don stated he had been estranged from Glenn for years[//QUOTE]
    I guess he was like the uncle your dad hadn't been comfortable hanging out with since that awkward argument at cousin Hazel's wedding 10 years ago.