Page 77 of 166 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Go on to the East/West venue site. Click on buy tickets and it will show the tickets still for sale. You must do each site separately. Last I checked a couple of days ago there was still plenty of tickets for the East site.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Go on to the East/West venue site. Click on buy tickets and it will show the tickets still for sale. You must do each site separately. Last I checked a couple of days ago there was still plenty of tickets for the East site.
    Hi NKIT, very kind of you to help me out, thanks!

I'll start with VIP packages first to go at DT 2016 I think.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    As a PS: I didn't expect my comment of 'Obama' to be taken as a joke. It was just meant to be an example of what it would take to make Mick's comment of 'historic' to be true. I don't object to people LOL'ing over it, but just wanted to make my original thoughts a bit clearer.

Speaking personally I would prefer to see guest stars giving tribute to Glenn to some sort of technological inclusion of Glenn for more than one song. One song would, I think, be good. But, not too many songs or a large part of the concert.
    Without Glenn, I feel the band are short of a lead singer. I don't think the guests will be there to specifically pay tribute to Glenn but to provide a 4th lead vocalist.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Without Glenn, I feel the band are short of a lead singer. I don't think the guests will be there to specifically pay tribute to Glenn but to provide a 4th lead vocalist.
    Only they're trying to approximate the same Eagles that they were before Glenn's passing. They may or may not do that. Myself, I'd prefer that they don't, but casual fans may expect EAGLES writ in bold. Having three lead vocalists is still quite a high number for a band.

As before, we'll see what happens on the day.

I've read what Don, Joe & Timothy said about these shows, but still feel sad about it, especially as they're not ruling out the possibility of there being more in the future.
    You may accuse me of being emotional rather than logical, and yes, I do feel emotional about this. My Eagles, whose music I've loved for so long, will always include Glenn. End of.

p.s. I guess they'll have the supporting musicians, as they've had in the past, which means Will Hollis may be involved. If so, then I do so wish he wasn't.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

@StephUK

I think it's entirely reasonable for you to feel how you like about the shows. And it's completely up to you to attend or not attend shows entirely on your own volition.

The only time logic comes into it is if there is a claim that objectively (rather than subjectively) what the surviving Eagles is doing is 'bad' or otherwise 'wrong', there are claims as to the exact motivations of the surviving Eagles, or there are claims such as they shouldn't play under the name Eagles. Those are objective statements which are up for dicussion.

You haven't done any of those, as far as my reading of your post goes. E.g. you say 'My Eagles contain Glenn' which is different from saying 'A band cannot be Eagles without Glenn'.

Just speaking for myself: I can't see anything in your post that I would disagree with. Because you make it clear that these are your personal feelings. And everyone is allowed to have their own personal feelings.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    @StephUK

I think it's entirely reasonable for you to feel how you like about the shows. And it's completely up to you to attend or not attend shows entirely on your own volition.

The only time logic comes into it is if there is a claim that objectively (rather than subjectively) what the surviving Eagles is doing is 'bad' or otherwise 'wrong', there are claims as to the exact motivations of the surviving Eagles, or there are claims such as they shouldn't play under the name Eagles. Those are objective statements which are up for dicussion.

You haven't done any of those, as far as my reading of your post goes. E.g. you say 'My Eagles contain Glenn' which is different from saying 'A band cannot be Eagles without Glenn'.

Just speaking for myself: I can't see anything in your post that I would disagree with. Because you make it clear that these are your personal feelings. And everyone is allowed to have their own personal feelings.
    So if you say the band cannot be Eagles without Glenn that is an 'objective' statement which must be challenged?

Well here you are then: the band cannot be called 'Eagles' without Glenn in my personal opinion. That is what I have said ALL ALONG.

I guess things were getting a little too quiet in this thread so we were provided with some implied criticism to get us riled up again. Looks like it worked.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I'm sorry Soda, I will leave it, but I object to being told that those of us who are against this are being illogical or emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    "... I object to being told that those of us who are against this are being illogical or emotional.
    I second that emotion.

Dawn