Page 64 of 166 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I do not think that having mystery guests or mystery band members is a manipulative marketing strategy. I think it's a reasonable and appropriate thing to do.

I had a quick google for concert mystery guest, and I found many mentions of mystery guests at concerts. I didn't find any evidence that people were particularly perturbed by mystery guests. I couldn't see any evidence that people thought such inappropriate in any way. Even for tribute concerts for artists who have passed away.
    I can understand those who plan to buy tickets or have bought them already having questions about it, but to otherwise constantly harp on the issue serves no purpose. Not everyone here thinks the remaining Eagles are deplorable and exceptionally greedy.

Edit: just to make clear, AT, I'm agreeing with you--there could be very practical reasons for keeping the guests a secret.
    Last edited by Delilah; 04-18-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    The Eagles are an iconic, legendary band and this is what they resort to following the tragic death of cofounder and by all accounts leader of the Eagles Glenn Frey?
    As far as I know, only Henley and Frey fanatics claim Glenn as the leader of the Eagles. Most accounts say Frey and Henley were joint leaders, Joe Walsh definitely did. Of course Joe wasn't there at the start when Frey approached Henley to form the band but after 40 years in the band , Joe should have a fair idea of who's in charge. I don't think Glenn ever claimed to be band leader, probably never had to. Between Henley and Frey, Glenn was always the outgoing and the one more likely to deliver an ass kicking when it was needed but I think Glenn and Don deferred to each other.

I attended a U2 concert that had Lou Reed as a special guest. I didn't notice he was there until the debrief with my pals after the show. Joe's performed Rocky Mountain Way as a suprise guest at loads of concerts, he always seems to be greeted warmly.

Having got tickets for Classic East I agree with keeping the identity secret of the special guests until the day of the concert but of course the LA crowd will be the first to find out.
    It's fun to speculate who they will be and I don't think it's a marketing ploy to not reveal them in advance.
    I hope it will be Jackson or Bob Seger or Deacon.
    I will always like the Eagles and am thankful the band are continuing.
    However I will really miss Glenn.

Stuck on the Border

Wow, is it just me or does Timothy sound cold in that interview. Like ok Glenn's gone, a year has past, and time to move on kind of attitude.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-18-2017 at 04:17 PM.

"And make no mistake about it: He was the leader of the Eagles. He was the band leader. Never doubt that for a minute, and they'll all tell you that it's true." - Bob Seger

Fanatic?

Stuck on the Border

Dawn and Redstorm - agree. Don has even stated in numerous interviews Glenn was the leader.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    As far as I know, only Henley and Frey fanatics claim Glenn as the leader of the Eagles. Most accounts say Frey and Henley were joint leaders, Joe Walsh definitely did. Of course Joe wasn't there at the start when Frey approached Henley to form the band but after 40 years in the band , Joe should have a fair idea of who's in charge. I don't think Glenn ever claimed to be band leader, probably never had to. Between Henley and Frey, Glenn was always the outgoing and the one more likely to deliver an ass kicking when it was needed but I think Glenn and Don deferred to each other.

I attended a U2 concert that had Lou Reed as a special guest. I didn't notice he was there until the debrief with my pals after the show. Joe's performed Rocky Mountain Way as a suprise guest at loads of concerts, he always seems to be greeted warmly.
    Sigh....

Have you seen the History of the Eagles documentary?

At the end, Frey states (I'm paraphrasing) that he was proud to have been the leader of the Eagles & Don Henley's partner.

Spin that. Go on.

Replies to NKIT about Tim sounding cold. Yes.
    To Redstorm: It makes no difference to me whether they have Deacon or not. I am fundamentally opposed to this & the way it has been handled.

As for the special guests issue leaving aside whether or not it's Deacon, Henley stated that two people had been 'added to the lineup'. That sounds more permanent than 'guest'. To Delilah, unfortunately some disagree with you about the secrecy of all this, so they have been harping on about it just as those who think the whole thing is the greatest event of all time have been. It works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Sigh....

As for the special guests issue leaving aside whether or not it's Deacon, Henley stated that two people had been 'added to the lineup'. That sounds more permanent than 'guest'. To Delilah, unfortunately some disagree with you about the secrecy of all this, so they have been harping on about it just as those who think the whole thing is the greatest event of all time have been. It works both ways.
    Well, FP, I guess we have to agree to disagree about the nature and amount of harping going on being at the same level. At any rate, and I hope this does not come off as snarky in any way, I have seen at least one post where you have chastised others for "constantly complaining" about a particular topic.

I'd like to add my 2 cents about Timothy and say I don't believe he sounds "cold" in the interview where he has a couple of quotes. I'm not sure what is expected of him as far as how he should sound.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

Yes, as far as you know.

Out on the Border

The sad reality is that the Eagles in any incarnation are just about over anyway. Henley Walsh and Schmidt are all just about in their 70's now. It's probable that one of them will be gone in the next five years, sadly.

Let them play it out and have fun. it's just a rock band.