Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Same here. Not impressed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'd have to agree.

Out on the Border

In all fairness, Frey had no problem forcing out, in one form or another, Meisner, Leadon and Felder throughout the Eagles history. They were all equal members and he saw an opportunity to continue on with the band without them. Why shouldn't the surviving members feel the same as he did?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan View Post
    In all fairness, Frey had no problem forcing out, in one form or another, Meisner, Leadon and Felder throughout the Eagles history. They were all equal members and he saw an opportunity to continue on with the band without them. Why shouldn't the surviving members feel the same as he did?
    If you browse through this thread a little bit, you will find several answers to that.

(The "forcing out" bit is not accurate in my humble opinion.)
    Last edited by chaim; 04-18-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

It would be nice if all Eagles, living and dead, were given the same degree of benefit of the doubt concerning their actions.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    It would be nice if all Eagles, living and dead, were given the same degree of benefit of the doubt concerning their actions.
    Of course, but this is the first time (that I know of) that the members of the band themselves have said that there's no point in continuing. So obviously the situation is not the same as when those other members left.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Of course. But this is the first time (that I know of) that the members of the band themselves have said that there's no point in continuing. So obviously the situation is not the same as when those other members left.
    They said that at one time, but they have changed their minds. Changing one's mind is not bad in itself; it depends on a lot of things.

But, it does seem to me that some comments here (not you) seem to want to interpret everything done and said by the surviving Eagles in the worst possible way. E.g. I can't see anything wrong with keeping the guest stars/musicians private until the concert.

I personally think that Don's interview makes things clearer. But, it's going to be the concerts themselves that will really put the reunion in its proper light. So, for me at least, the best strategy is to wait.

Stuck on the Border

They said that at one time, but they have changed their minds. Changing one's mind is not bad in itself; it depends on a lot of things.

But, it does seem to me that some comments here (not you) seem to want to interpret everything done and said by the surviving Eagles in the worst possible way. E.g. I can't see anything wrong with keeping the guest stars/musicians private until the concert.

I personally think that Don's interview makes things clearer. But, it's going to be the concerts themselves that will really put the reunion in its proper light. So, for me at least, the best strategy is to wait.
    I can see your point, but I understand the other point of view as well. I can definitely understand why many people here feel it's a different situation and that you can't compare it with other people leaving the band. I feel that way myself.
    I can understand the band wanting to continue, and I understand people who support them. So I won't be arguing with them. It's just that...like I said, many of us feel that it's different when the founding member/boss/main arranger/other main vocalist is no longer there. I'm still referring to eaglesfan's post, by the way.

EDIT:

As for the "mystery guest" business, personally I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-18-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Not revealing the identity of the new hires is deliberate and underscores how promoters and bands, themselves, can engage in manipulative marketing strategies to influence fans and ultimately ticket $sales$

The Eagles are an iconic, legendary band and this is what they resort to following the tragic death of cofounder and by all accounts leader of the Eagles Glenn Frey?

Come to think of it deplorable probably doesn't go far enough.

Contemptible ...

For me, that's the ticket.

I do not think that having mystery guests or mystery band members is a manipulative marketing strategy. I think it's a reasonable and appropriate thing to do.

I had a quick google for concert mystery guest, and I found many mentions of mystery guests at concerts. I didn't find any evidence that people were particularly perturbed by mystery guests. I couldn't see any evidence that people thought such inappropriate in any way. Even for tribute concerts for artists who have passed away.