Page 34 of 166 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Stewart was show a lo in the promo so I guess he is going to be involved

Stuck on the Border

The people who put together the promotional material had a tough job - 6 bands, two nights, two venues to fit into one poster and a short video. Someone probably said not to show the dead guy because that would be false advertising. Besides, what about Maurice White? Gotta keep it upbeat. Henley was far away and probably not paying attention. Noone stopped to think how the fans might feel. It's awful, but understandable.

Steuart will be there no matter what since he was part of the backup band. Since all the other guys never left, all of them will be there.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-30-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I wouldn't have been able to go even if Glenn was still with them and I wouldn't go to this kind of thing anyway either. Way too much chaos for me. But.....

The whole way it has been marketed as just Eagles with no mention of Friends & Family just slaps me in the face. Don said multiple times, Irving said, JD Souther said, Bob Seger said, the Eagles are over. And now they do this. I never expected it to be a tribute with all the other bands playing, but they could have not advertised as 'Eagles'. Glenn's band.

I'm also pretty sure they cleared it with Cindy. I guess they all need more money, because that's what it is, all about the money. Stevie Nicks recently said she would tour with FM, but not make a record because there's way more money in touring.

They could have even said- 'Final Shows'. Some way to say they are over without Glenn. But they didn't.

Makes me very sad the way it's all been handled.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    The people who put together the promotional material had a tough job - 6 bands, two nights, two venues to fit into one poster and a short video. Someone probably said not to show the dead guy because that would be false advertising. Besides, what about Maurice White? Gotta keep it upbeat. Henley was far away and probably not paying attention. Noone stopped to think how the fans might feel. It's awful, but understandable.
    The thing with Maurice White is before he died, he hadn't been part of Earth, Wind and Fire for 22 years. He had to retired from the band because of his Parkinson's. I saw Earth, Wind, And Fire without Maurice in 2000. I wish I had saw him in concert.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-30-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Sorry different article I was reading it wasn't the La Time but LA Daily News
    http://www.dailynews.com/arts-and-en...adena-fes-more
    That link didn't work for me, let's try this one: http://www.dailynews.com/arts-and-en...-fest-and-more

"Adding to the interest is that the three surviving Eagles – Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmidt [sic] – will be joined by the rest of the band’s long-absent surviving members Don Felder, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon, according to Britain’s International Business Times. The IBT also reported that the band will be paid nearly $5 million."

So there's still only one source saying that those three guys will be there, referencing a UK news web site of cloudy reputation. And the L.A. Daily writer apparently doesn't know that the "long-absent" Bernie Leadon was with the band on their recent 2-year HOTE tour.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

We've got some confirmation from Don's site about the concerts happening. Let's wait to see what actually happens. Or, for announcement from the band itself.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour ended up playing together after one of the most acrimonious splits in music history. I wouldn't rule things out, but I still think that it's unlikely. But then, I thought Eagles playing again was unlikely before the actual evidence arrived.

This is just speculation, but I think part of the negotiations were that they would be paid more if they billed themselves as just the Eagles.

So, I went and forced myself to watch the ad because I don't like to comment on things I haven't seen myself. They do show Glenn for a couple split-seconds with the rest of the band from a distance and they do play "Take It Easy" at the end (without showing Glenn's face).... so at least he's not TOTALLY edited out.

On the other hand, playing the song without showing Glenn's face... doesn't that imply you'll hear the song? The ignorant fan who can't tell one Eagle from the other will probably think so.

And of course, as everyone has noticed, they took pains to make sure his face wasn't clearly visible at any point, the most obvious example being the shot where Tim is standing just right to block Glenn's face.

Perhaps they thought a close-up of Glenn, even a split-second one, would make ignorant people think he was still in the band. Those, of course, will be the same people who won't even realize he's gone, assuming Smith is "the fourth member." After all, they found time to give Smith a brief close-up... one wonders if that wasn't designed to trick the ignorant. "Weren't there four guys in this band...oh, there he is!"

It's upsetting, but unsurprising. In for a penny, in for a pound. This is presented as "The Legendary Band, the Eagles" and the last thing promoters want is for potential customers to think that the loss of Glenn will matter. For them, the best-case-scenario is that potential customers will forget he was ever in the band, much less co-founded it.

That's why it's no longer being marketed as "the first appearance of the Eagles since the loss of Glenn Frey." The mentality: "Don't remind the clueless music fan that he's gone and maybe they won't notice, happily hitting 'Purchase Tickets' to see 'the legendary Eagles' without another thought."

Don doesn't control the promotions, but he's a fool if he didn't see this would be coming once he signed the dotted line... and Don's no fool.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    We've got some confirmation from Don's site about the concerts happening. Let's wait to see what actually happens. Or, for announcement from the band itself.

Roger Waters and David Gilmour ended up playing together after one of the most acrimonious splits in music history. I wouldn't rule things out, but I still think that it's unlikely. But then, I thought Eagles playing again was unlikely before the actual evidence arrived.

I think a better example would be Axl Rose and Slash playing together again after 23 years

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Wouldn't this count as announcement from the band?

https://eagles.com/

With Glenn's name right on top, a reminder of him hovering over everything they ever do again, as it should be.

https://timothybschmit.com/#/

https://donhenley.com/