Page 29 of 166 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I got the email this morning. Cannot believe it says "Eagles" with no mention of anyone else at all.

Prices are outrageous!

UtW, I can only hope you were right with this: Quote:

I agree that the Eagles machine may need oiling and this could be a way to give the crew a last big paycheque.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just saw it this morning checking Twitter and actually seeing Fleetwood Mac tweet a video. Still surreal seeing it but again I've come to accept it. I'd never be able to go to either show anyway not just with the price but the travel, but they should be good shows for those that do with a great line up. I am surprised they are still billing themselves as the Eagles but marketing wise I can understand why they did as most people including non-Eagles fans will still refer to them as that.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

How are people finding out the prices?

Stuck on the Border

Joe's FB page and the Eagles FB page simply state "Eagles", not "Eagles Family And Friends". Floor seats for Citi Field in the first rows were the $2,700. If I remember right, row 11 to something along the lines of to row 20 were the $2,000. This is very disappointing to me as Don said as late as the KCH that they would never tour again as the Eagles. There is no mention on either site as it being any kind of tribute to Glenn. This is a shameful money grab for sure. Anyone know how much the tickets cost last year ? Were they as expensive ? TY.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    How are people finding out the prices?
    theclassiceast.com and theclassicwest.com has ticket prices.
    Last edited by longtimeeaglesfan; 03-29-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I've been very quiet about this ever since we heard about this, but I need to say something. Here's my opinion and only my opinion so nobody won't jumped down my throat which probably will happen anyway.

I have a feeling Irving probably pushed Don, Joe and Timothy to do this since from what I read he's the brains behind this festival and he represents some of the performers that's playing.

If you're worried about Don, Joe and Timothy forgetting Glenn. I doubt that will happen. I guess dedicating songs or bringing Glenn up in their shows is nothing to a few I guess. At the beginning after a few months passed after Glenn's death, we had arguments from some saying why Don not saying nothing about Glenn. Or why Joe is not saying anything or why he's singing Take It To The Limit. Those three is not going to forget Glenn. Don said he wasn't going to sing any of Glenn's songs. I'm ok with that since majority of the Eagles he has written with Glenn. Joe and Timothy will sing Glenn's songs. We don't know what's going to happen during those shows. I'm just going to sit back and wait and see who's going to be there and what they will do or say about Glenn's memory later. Don just got back to the USA. So we will probably learned more as we get closer.

Also. I doubt the promoters were going to say Eagles: Family and Friends or who will be on stage with them. They are going to promote the Eagles name. We probably will know about who else will be there with the guys later on.

At this point, I'm just so freaking tired of people going down Don's throat(always him, but not the other two) about stuff. This been going on since last year and its just getting very very very tiring.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-29-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would definitely agree that Irving is the one who talked them in to it. But, Don is the boss now, so I'm sure he was the one to agree to do it.

I'm just disappointed they are doing it as "Eagles". Everyone knows who they are even if they had put Family and Friends on it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Did the interviewer ask if HE would be a part of it, or if the EAGLES would be a part of it?
    They asked if he personally would be part of it, they did not mention the Eagles at all.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I am debating whether or not to attend....aside from Steely Dan and Fleetwood Mac, I will have been to see all the other performers in the last couple of years including the Eagle's solo members and Stevie Nicks a couple of times each.

We are doing Don's runaway tour in Dallas the weekend following Classic West and since he will be having Joe and Timothy guesting there, I wonder how much different (if any) the setlist will be be from an "Eagles 3.0" setlist.

I am leaning towards skipping this and looking forward to trying to get great seats at one of the hopefully upcoming Fleetwood Mac shows.

On the other hand, it would be quite an experience to take in two days of favorite music in an unique concert setting...even from the outfield seats!!

As them billing themselves as Eagles vs Eagles Family and Friends, I am indifferent and believe they should do as they like. We won't get to hear Glenn's vocals on a number of songs and that will be missed. I wish I had have seen them when Randy was performing Take it to the Limit or when Joe and Don Felder were dueling it out with their guitars. I don't think any of the remaining members intend any disrespect towards Glenn and I am sure his memory will be incorporated in their performance.

I would think that their "family and friends" (guests) would be announced before tickets go on sale, even if it's not billed as such. Surely this has been addressed by the band already.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...