Page 28 of 166 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    It's a shame that the East/West festivals came up when they did. I think Henley's birthday concert with special guests would have been the right way for Don, Joe and Timothy to get together again in public.
    I'm guessing that the retainers for the mighty Eagles road crew were up for renewal. Do they extend their contracts or let them go?

Stuck on the Border

With Don, Joe and Timothy all touring this year, I imagine there has been work but as they always say "the sum is greater than the parts".

I agree that the Eagles machine may need oiling and this could be a way to give the crew a last big paycheque.

Border Troubadour

Confirmed by an email from the Eagles official site

EAGLES / FLEETWOOD MAC /
    STEELY DAN / JOURNEY /
    EARTH, WIND & FIRE / THE DOOBIE BROTHERS
    THE CLASSIC WEST: DODGER STADIUM
    LOS ANGELES - JULY 15 & 16
    THE CLASSIC EAST: CITI FIELD
    NEW YORK CITY - JULY 29 & 30
    Two Iconic Cities Hosting Six Legendary
    Artists for Two Historic Nights
    Tickets will go on sale Friday, April 7 at 10 AM @ ticketmaster.com

The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac will headline two of the most anticipated concert events this summer – The Classic West on July 15-16 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, and The Classic East on July 29-30 at Citi Field in New York.

The Classic West will host the Eagles, Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers on Saturday July 15 and Fleetwood Mac, Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire on Sunday July 16.

The Classic East will host the Eagles, Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers on Saturday July 29 and Fleetwood Mac, Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire on Sunday July 30.

The Classic West and The Classic East will be the first time in history that these six esteemed artists have ever played together on the same stage in two of America’s greatest cities for rock & roll.

Tickets for both The Classic West and The Classic East can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com. Two Day Reserved Seat Ticket Packages, will go on sale for each city on Friday April 7 at 10 AM local time. Special VIP packages will also be available, including premium tickets, pre-show VIP lounge, exclusive merchandise, parking and more.

American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Monday, April 3 at 10 AM through Thursday, April 6 at 10 PM.
    To view the event trailer and get complete information, visit theclassic.com.

The dates for Classic West and East are now on Don's website billed as Eagles live.
    Presale starts on April 3rd

Stuck on the Border

Good morning everyone ! Well, some beat me to it but, I just saw on my FB page about both shows. Top of the line tickets for two days are $2,700.00. The prices go to $2,500, $2,00 downward and general admission rafter seats are $150 for both days. Knew this would cost a fortune. $2,700 - yikes......

Wow. I'm saddened... and sickened. They can do what they want, of course, but I'll have nothing to do with it. Not that they give a crap.

The bright side: I just got saved some money. I'll wait for Fleetwood Mac to tour in 2018, and not go see the Remnants of the Eagles passing themselves off as the real deal.

I think I'll skip Don's Dallas show as well. Saves me some more money. Thanks, Don.

I teach my first class of the day in 5 minutes. I can't cry... but I want to.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Don's site just says "Eagles". No "Eagles Family and Friends" that I can see.

Stuck on the Border

Maybe the auditions didn't go so well.

If you could get tickets, the Glastonbury Festival is only £243 including camping.

I'm assuming $2,700 is the top VIP package.

According to the NYT:
    Tickets for the full two-day event — no single-day tickets will be sold — range from $150 to $950, not including fees, and will go on sale to the general public on April 7, with early access for American Express customers on April 3.
    link
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 03-29-2017 at 09:46 AM.

I think it's a one off thing. Just like LED Zeppelin. They are going to do their best and pay tribute to Glenn.

It's probably just a one off

I hope that Don, Joe and Timothy were pressured to do it by Azof because if it's true it will only confirm that Irivng Azoff just want's more money in his pocket. I will never trust him if he is the reason for this happening. After the way he handled Guns N Roses in 2006/2008 I will NEVER trust him.

Don and Glenn had so much respect for each other for them to go out as the Eagles if one of them passed would just not make sense to me.