Page 154 of 166 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

The only reason we have an Eagles 3.0 is because of Cindy Frey. She controls Glenn's business affairs, his estate, and his personal legacy, and she wants Don, Joe and Tim to continue to be active as the Eagles. Can we at least acknowledge that if someone hates what the Eagles are doing, SHE is the cause? This all begins and ends with her, NONE of this would be happening without her enthusiastic endorsement. Anyone disagree?

I just think it's so strange how people entirely ignore and disregard her role in the Eagles continuing without Glenn. It's like there's a huge blind spot, and all of the ire is directed toward those who truly aren't the decision-makers.

The reason I'm jumping in is because I miss everyone here and I hope we can someday acknowledge the tragedy is that Glenn died too soon, not what the other guys do in the future. I want Soda and everybody else to enjoy what is and will happen with the guys.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    The only reason we have an Eagles 3.0 is because of Cindy Frey. She controls Glenn's business affairs, his estate, and his personal legacy, and she wants Don, Joe and Tim to continue to be active as the Eagles. Can we at least acknowledge that if someone hates what the Eagles are doing, SHE is the cause? This all begins and ends with her, NONE of this would be happening without her enthusiastic endorsement. Anyone disagree?

I just think it's so strange how people entirely ignore and disregard her role in the Eagles continuing without Glenn. It's like there's a huge blind spot, and all of the ire is directed toward those who truly aren't the decision-makers.

The reason I'm jumping in is because I miss everyone here and I hope we can someday acknowledge the tragedy is that Glenn died too soon, not what the other guys do in the future. I want Soda and everybody else to enjoy what is and will happen with the guys.
    I don't agree that because Cindy endorsed this, she CAUSED it. She didn't initiate it. Therefore she didn't cause it. It is possible that the only thing she endorsed were the two festival shows. For all we know they have now continued to book more dates without her endorsement, which frankly, they probably no longer need.

I can't agree with the 'riding off into the sunset' stuff. It was unfortunate that they couldn't do that with Glenn. They could have done it with one tribute show, and then they could have called it quits. That would have been the dignified and proper thing to do. So what if it would have been 'depressing'? It at least would have acknowledged reality instead of the cllinging on at all costs mentality that they seem to have developed. If the story has been told, there is no need for a bogus epilogue. All it has done is leave a bad taste in the mouths of people such as myself.

I can't 'enjoy' what they are doing. Why should I? I'm sorry, but I don't do the My Country Right Or Wrong thing. I do think Glenn Frey has not been sufficiently acknowleged, and probably will never be now. That's the real tragedy.

Banned

Glenn Frey is constantly acknowledged. Often explicitly, and forever in the fact that his son is on stage with the remaining members of the Eagles. His son. His literal blood. Very difficult for any tribute to exceed that.

As far as Cindy, well I don't think it was her idea, so I personally can't blame her. He did endorse it and give the ok, but I think it wasn't her idea. That had to be Irving who IMO brainwashed Don and that's how it all started. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen and what I know about Irving, I think he's the bad guy.

The case with Cindy reminds me of that and Ronnie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd and his wife Judy.

When Skynyrd did their first Tribute Tour in the late 80s, the idea is that they would never use the name again afterwards. After awhile Gary Rossington and Dale Krantz wants to keep it going. They pressured Judy into going along with it with the rule was for that to use the name 3 original members had to be in the band. It was done in court and everything. Well fast forward years later, and there is only one original member and they pressured Judy to revise the deal and she also likely saw the money on the table (not saying Cindy is that way), but the pressure with money involved is very hard to pass up. Right now Gary is the only original member and he's in poor health with a bad heart. When Gary dies, and if they continue the band, IMO Judy will go along with it yet again and then you have a band that doesn't have anything to do with the real Lynyrd Skynyrd watering down the name. I love Gary as a player, but I think he is a greedy man.

It's not an exact comparison, but if you forget about the rule of three, the takeaway and similarity is that pressure with money included is hard to pass up and that it waters down the name.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Glenn Frey is constantly acknowledged. Often explicitly, and forever in the fact that his son is on stage with the remaining members of the Eagles. His son. His literal blood. Very difficult for any tribute to exceed that.
    I can see where you are coming from somewhat. I think the deal is that they haven't outright and explicitly done something billed as a Glenn tribute. A CD, a concert dedicated for that, a DVD, something.

As far as Deacon, I agree that it is nice for him to be there, but that IMO isn't what people are asking for. They are asking for something specific, I could be wrong but I think the above descriptions/options are more what those like FP want.

Me, I'm not really interested in it at the point, my comments on the lack of a tribute were more in support of Freypower and those that feel like it. I'm not upset at this point because of a lack of a tribute, it's more about them going forward.

That said, I can perhaps understand how it might be contradictory to both wish for a Tribute album but not seemingly want one. I think it has to be billed explicitly as a Glenn tribute album and not just a new Eagles record.

Regarding the Opry, I think it's very possible the band wasn't interested in playing it while Glenn was still alive. Seeing what a big fan Vince Gill is of the band, I daresay if Glenn had picked up the phone and told him they'd like an invitation, he would have arranged it. It simply may not have been something that was a priority for Glenn and now that he's gone and Don's in control, it's been put on the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'll just say that I do not think it's certain that this is a time limited last hurrah. Given what we're seeing now, I think it's entirely possible that Eagles will remain active for some time.
    That's what I've braced myself for. Not just touring, but new recordings too - Part of the Plan is dipping the toe in the water, I believe. I hope I'm wrong. As I said earlier, recordings will stick around long after the shows fade, and those really will screw with the legacy as the Eagles changes from a band into "Don Henley and friends."

Again, though, I don't want to borrow trouble; I will wait and see if they go further. Perhaps I'm wrong. I just want to prepare for the worst.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

MaryCalifornia - I miss you posting here. I have always enjoyed reading your thoughtful take on things. I hope we "see" you more often.

I do not think Cindy initiate it. I think that was done by Irving and endorsed by Don. JMHO, but I think they were toying with the idea as early as March 2016 when Don gave that interview with the Montreal newspaper. He said then that the only way the Eagles could continue would be if Deacon was aboard. After there was a back lash, he backed off saying he had never discussed it with Cindy. This was two months after Glenn died.
    I can see Cindy approving this. Their son is up there playing in his father's band, looking like his Dad did when he was 23-25 years old. I would guess it is probably very healing for both of them and perhaps they feel a way to honor Glenn. However, I do believe none of this would have happened if it was not initiated by Irving or Irving and Don.

MaryCalifornia, I'm glad to see you, too! I echo what others have said about Cindy's endorsement of it not being the same as initiating it, but I also want to add that I appreciate where you're coming from and it's sweet of you to want everyone to share your enthusiasm. You have a good heart!

However, nothing will change my fundamental belief that without Glenn Frey - the band's co-founder, driving force, and a fundamental part of its direction, vision, and sound - there is no Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Evidentally Cindy Frey is the only person Glenn trusted to make future decisions since he left her totally in charge of everything he spent most of his life working for. They were together for quite some time and I would think they said things to each other concerning business and personal matters that no one else but the two of them will ever know about. Based solely on articles I have read about the Frey's, I have a hard time believing that Irving or Don could push her into anything that she wasn't comfortable with. I'm not sure they would try. Even if they did, she seems totally capable of standing her ground. Since Glenn's passing, I've read a lot of comments (more pro than con) on 3 or 4 fan sites about Don, Joe and Timothy's right to continue. Some of the comments seem to indicate that there are a few fans who have self appointed themselves as guardians of Glenn's legacy when in reality Cindy is the only one who legally holds that right. While I haven't been to an Eagles concert since 2015 and I have yet to make a decision about future shows, I respect everyone elses right to their feelings, decisions and choices. I won't attempt to change your mind and you won't change mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Actually, I do not agree with you at all.
    No I meant I agree with Kansas about his views on the bands legacy. Not you sorry