Page 133 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Austin, I hope you can get to a place where Eagles 3.0 doesn't upset you as much. I also hope you never get to a place where you think Trump is ok!

Please dont bring Politics into this. This about the Eagles not Politics

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Austin and Soda for clarifying. I just felt a little bit hurt and I know now that wasn't your intention at all. I too do read this thread but don't comment on it that much.

And I totally agree on the other topic too and even more so this past week.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Chaim - Thank You. I was going to say the same thing. I just want to add that I know I have not been with the board long but I just want to say Soda and FP, please don't feel you can never post anything here. Jeez Soda - you started the whole thing! Post and say what you want - please !

NOTE : UTW, WF & Buffy - I could not agree with you more. This past week has literally brought tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Chaim - Thank You. I was going to say the same thing. I just want to add that I know I have not been with the board long but I just want to say Soda and FP, please don't feel you can never post anything here. Jeez Soda - you started the whole thing! Post and say what you want - please !
    Oh, I know that! I am not one of the people who said I felt afraid to post. Quite the opposite.

NOTE : UTW, WF & Buffy - I could not agree with you more. This past week has literally brought tears to my eyes.
    Indeed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Can we not disscus politics in an Eagles section? I dont come here for that

Yep...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well F50, you all have how many threads to celebrate this and we have one. I'd like to be able to share my thoughts or else it seems unfair to those of us against it. Basically that's what grinds my gears. You're right, I wish those of us could discuss being against it without blowback from others. It's only fair considering they have threads we don't discuss our feelings in. Fairs fair.

Do you know what isn't a fun experience? Being a Glenn Frey fan and having you run all over us with your trolling and spiteful comments to intentionally hurt us.
    If this topic is unsatisfactory for you, WalshFan88, you can always start a new topic, in which you can discuss your opinions to your hearts content but you can't expect to share your views about the Eagles, the subject that brings us all here, without them being questioned or challenged, especially if you are denouncing them.

WalshFan88, I actually share my own personal opinions and don't represent anybody else, so referring to me as "You all" is inaccurate and may lead to unintentional distress to Eagles fans who would get upset by your insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    If this topic is unsatisfactory for you, WalshFan88, you can always start a new topic, in which you can discuss your opinions to your hearts content but you can't expect to share your views about the Eagles, the subject that brings us all here, without them being questioned or challenged, especially if you are denouncing them.

WalshFan88, I actually share my own personal opinions and don't represent anybody else, so referring to me as "You all" is inaccurate and may lead to unintentional distress to Eagles fans who would get upset by your insults.
    Then that's not fair they have other threads in which I don't challenge them in and stay positive. I would like to have separate threads for both sides. Otherwise it's like they have it both ways and we don't. That bothers me. But I've decided I'm just going to start ignoring those who come in here trying to upset those of us against it. I have other things to do. But be assured I'm still going to post.

If my "y'all/you all" bothers you, well sorry to say that's how I talk. I was really referring to the out of balance ratio of the threads you guys in support of it have vs the only thread we have that isn't just for us and is constantly upset. I'm not saying the group of you supporting it have a hive mentality. Not saying that.

I am in agreement that what is going on here in this thread is on such a micro level compared to the real problems with the world right now, particularly in the US. Sometimes it's helpful to take a step back and realize the magnitude (or lack thereof) of a given situation in comparison to something far greater and worse. I know I will, and I certainly feel Charlottesville was a BIG step backward. It's sad.

Stuck on the Border

Here goes then....

Soda was correct to clarify for you that she obviously doesn't feel afraid to post. She's the administrator after all and a fine job she has done of it through difficult times. It was me who said that. I don't know if anyone has noticed but I haven't posted here since May. I posted yesterday because I wanted to support Austin & I now extend that to chaim (Toni).

I am going to have to expand a bit on the 'silenced' bit although I understand that Soda feels the word is too strong. Once the new dates were announced, it seemed to me that the board underwent a big change. Suddenly most of the members, including some who had been against or or lukewarm about it, were all gung ho & cheering it on. As I could not do that, I did indeed feel that my objections were being silenced, and that I could not express them. I had also had enough of the partiuclar disagreements that I had been having with a couple of people. I think they know who they are. So I stopped.

Perhaps I should also say that I was in fact becoming disillusioned with the Eagles even before Glenn died. But that is another issue which I have struggled to work out how I could talk about it, and that's another reason why I felt I should step back. I miss Glenn very badly, every day, and it hurts to see the 'carry on' mentality. I don't want to live in the past, so again, I thought I should stay away.

The reality is that all my objections to this will not stop it so it would appear it's best to live & let live. I do wish however that the 'remainers' (now there's a term) could try & understand the 'Glexiters' (ugh) a bit more. Simply put, we don't see this lineup as the Eagles & we never will.

If I may I will give an example of how this board has swung so dramatically to the other side. When the late great Glen Campbell died recently photos of him with Vince Gill were posted, as if that were the most natural thing in the world on an Eagles message board. It jarred spectacularly with me that Vince Gill, a man whose music I have never even heard, is now regarded here as an 'Eagle'. I just shook my head.

I understand why people were taken aback by the comments regarding those who never saw the band before. However I have to say I agree with them to some extent. I was in Australia & saw the Eagles multiple times. I flew the Pacific Ocean twice to see Glenn Frey. I do realise that I was lucky & that not everybody was able to do that. But when people started saying 'see them now! See them now'! all I could think of was 'no. DON'T see them now. Don't see this watered down imitation. You missed the real band, and that's unfortunate, but this is not a substitute'.

Am I a hypocrite? I asked my Facebook friends this when I booked to see Queen & Adam Lambert next March. Well, perhaps I am. I don't believe that QAL are pretending to be Queen, so I decided to go. I thought I would mention it and if people wish to say I have double standards, that's OK. It was a hard decision to make.

I am going to start posting again because I think I did what I had to do & made my statement. But you won't see me in the threads discussing any concerts that this lineup does. I'm not interested in it. I hope people can understand that. Plus, I suppose I miss my weekly avatar & signature changes. There are a couple of topics in the Sake Of The Song forum I wish to post in, so I will, and I will post in the Song Games as I used to do.

I have a suggestion, which is perhaps we could go back to doing Survivor games, because in my experience those have always brought us together. We have lively discussions in thoes games, but rarely antagonistic ones.

I hope people can take this in the spirit in which it is meant.