Page 131 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I mostly stay out of this thread.

I do think there is a problem with people mischaracterising other people's statements, views, and motivations. Sometimes these mischaracterisations have been grossly unfair, in my opinion.

It would help, and perhaps reduce the overall level of conflict and paranoia, if people would check what others post and make sure that they are discussing what people actually think and say, rather than an exaggerated or even totally false characterisation of the views of others.

There are things that it is entirely reasonable to say. E.g. personal feelings and beliefs. However, I don't feel that it is reasonable or fair to mischaracterise other people's views, beliefs, and statements. Asking people not to do that, IN MY OPINION (I don't run this board), is not an unreasonable 'silencing' but a reasonable request.

As an example of this, who is it who claims that the latest incarnation of Eagles is 'the greatest thing ever'? I have not seen any posts that I interpret to mean that. But, it is often mentioned in posts as a supposed view of unnamed membrs. So, who, and where?

Stuck on the Border

I want to hear all sides and as a result I might bend in the wind.

My initial reaction to statements that people wanted the band to continue because they've never been able see them, was along the same line as Soda ie Eagles undertook a two year tour that included North America (several circuits), Europe and Australasia and only ended in July 2015 and so there were may opportunities to see them. However, I've learned why people who I "know" and like weren't able to do so. I think it's reasonable to choose a family holiday or not accumulating debt over a three hour concert that might have disappointed.

I've also changed my position on Eagles 3.0. To begin with, I was against it and felt angry, but at some point I decided to let that go because there's no point being angry about something I can't change. My current state is that I enjoy reading about the further developments and other people's excitement but I have no wish to see this incarnation myself. I still want to read about the other side, too and enjoy the occasional bitchiness.

Despite all that, I feel sad/disappointed that there are people I have come to know and like over the years who still sound so angry and upset. I don't think you're wrong or want to silence you but I hope that you can reach a point where you can accept that which you cannot change.

Most of all, I don't want people to shut up. Last year, it felt like a small number of forum members were trying to silence negative comment on Felder and they pretty much succeeded with the result that there is now very little said about him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    From where I'm standing Austin's worry about "silencing" didn't come out of thin air. I feel the same. Maybe we are wrong, but I feel it too. Anyway, when I see another "this is an Eagles forum, so why would anyone say anything negative about the current lineup" kind of comment, I will remind him/her of this.

We just had a baby about a month ago (screaming downstairs at the moment..), so I've not been online as much as usual, but I appreciate what Austin is doing here. Maybe we are wrong, but I feel you're speaking for me too.
    Thank you. I so agree. And I will also call them on it.

Stuck on the Border

Soda & Austin - Thank You.

Chaim - Thank You and congrds on your beautiful new baby !

UTW - Well said, pretty much how I feel. I will never approve of this new version of the group but enjoyed reading all the concert posts. As I said in my earlier post a few pages back, if you want to see the guys, do it if you can. Because, we do not know how much longer Don, Joe & Tim will be physically able to keep touring. Also, as we learned with Glenn, you never know what the next couple of years will bring.

On a personal note - The last couple of days I have reminded myself that this is small stuff compared to everything else going on in our country. I have enjoyed this board and enjoyed most of the thoughtful posts from everyone. I particularly enjoyed Soda's reminiscing about meeting Glenn - such a wonderful memory. Just my personal thoughts which I do not usually share on FB or other social media sites.

Well, it is true that if someone tells you that you have no right to question the band's decision, that it's unacceptable for you to be against it if Glenn's family is OK with it, that if you're a true fan you'll be supportive, etc, etc....it does basically come across as "shut up about it."

In that sense, I can see how people would use the term "silencing," even if it is a bit strong in my opinion.

In general, though, my point was that disagreement does not equal being silenced. I'm just tired of everybody and their dog claiming that they're not being allowed to express their opinion. I mean there are people on both sides saying this. It's getting ridiculous.

Chaim - congrats on the new baby!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Now, let me tell you what the supporters of this new Eagles really want.

They want to take over this message board and censor those who are against it, some who have been on this board for much longer, and turn it into a one sided view. They want to keep it positive in all threads and look at this new Eagles as a splendid thing. They don't want us to even have one thread where we can say how we don't like this new Eagles band and they want this thread to go bye-bye. They want us to stop talking about how we don't like it because we, in this one thread they can just ignore, are outspoken against it. That's what they want.

That, in my book, is pure censorship and trying to silence the opposing party.....
    I'm quite happy to read your opinions on the Eagles, Walsh88 but when you start posting what others are thinking you are opening yourself up to redicule. You can't seriously claim to know other poster's wishes and motivations.
    You've posted many comments about censorship. I get the impression that you'd like to censor everybody from this thread whose opinion differs from yours.

I'm sorry if anybody feels like an oppressed minority but fighting your corner rather than inviting people into it, isn't a fun experience for most of us.

I've said that I would have loved to have seen Eagles with Randy Meisner but I'm not keen to re-experience a pre 90's concert experience.
    Thanks to big money tours, such as Eagles HFO tour, you are now guaranteed to, at least, see and hear the band on stage when you attend a concert, and will probably have decent access to a nice seat, bathroom facilities and refreshments too.

The popularity of tribute acts show that you can now have a very enjoyable night out, even if the artists on stage aren't as venerable as they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm quite happy to read your opinions on the Eagles, Walsh88 but when you start posting what others are thinking you are opening yourself up to redicule. You can't seriously claim to know other poster's wishes and motivations.
    You've posted many comments about censorship. I get the impression that you'd like to censor everybody from this thread whose opinion differs from yours.

I'm sorry if anybody feels like an oppressed minority but fighting your corner rather than inviting people into it, isn't a fun experience for most of us.

I've said that I would have loved to have seen Eagles with Randy Meisner but I'm not keen to re-experience a pre 90's concert experience.
    Thanks to big money tours, such as Eagles HFO tour, you are now guaranteed to, at least, see and hear the band on stage when you attend a concert, and will probably have decent access to a nice seat, bathroom facilities and refreshments too.

The popularity of tribute acts show that you can now have a very enjoyable night out, even if the artists on stage aren't as venerable as they once were.
    Well F50, you all have how many threads to celebrate this and we have one. I'd like to be able to share my thoughts or else it seems unfair to those of us against it. Basically that's what grinds my gears. You're right, I wish those of us could discuss being against it without blowback from others. It's only fair considering they have threads we don't discuss our feelings in. Fairs fair.

Do you know what isn't a fun experience? Being a Glenn Frey fan and having you run all over us with your trolling and spiteful comments to intentionally hurt us.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-17-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well F50, you all have how many threads to celebrate this and we have one. I'd like to be able to share my thoughts or else it seems unfair to those of us against it. Basically that's what grinds my gears. You're right, I wish those of us could discuss being against it without blowback from others. It's only fair considering they have threads we don't discuss our feelings in. Fairs fair.

Do you know what isn't a fun experience? Being a Glenn Frey fan and having you run all over us with your trolling and spiteful comments to intentionally hurt us.
    I'm going to give my opinion one more time. I'm sorry you feel that you've been run all over with our trolling and spiteful comments to intentionally hurt you. I hope I have never done that. If I have, I apologize. I loved Glenn Frey, and I harbor no bad feelings against anyone who feels the way you do EXCEPT when they insult me and other Borderers.

The thing is that I don't think that this was ever designated SOLELY as a thread to express negative opinions about Eagles 3.0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this thread was set up to debate opinions -- positive or negative -- about the current band. While I have no problem with the Eagles continuing (although, as I've said, it's too bad they have to use the Eagles name) and went to the Classic East, I also have no problem with anyone saying anything -- positive or negative -- about this new version of the band. Those are people's opinions and they're entitled to them.

I do have a problem with people judging me. I have a problem with people saying, as you did Austin, that there is no excuse for going to a concert of this new version of the band and no excuse for not having gone when Glenn was alive. That's a personal judgment, and yes, I resent it.

Maybe you should have a thread about how much you dislike Eagles 3.0 and resent anyone who supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I'm going to give my opinion one more time. I'm sorry you feel that you've been run all over with our trolling and spiteful comments to intentionally hurt you. I hope I have never done that. If I have, I apologize. I loved Glenn Frey, and I harbor no bad feelings against anyone who feels the way you do EXCEPT when they insult me and other Borderers.

The thing is that I don't think that this was ever designated SOLELY as a thread to express negative opinions about Eagles 3.0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this thread was set up to debate opinions -- positive or negative -- about the current band. While I have no problem with the Eagles continuing (although, as I've said, it's too bad they have to use the Eagles name) and went to the Classic East, I also have no problem with anyone saying anything -- positive or negative -- about this new version of the band. Those are people's opinions and they're entitled to them.

I do have a problem with people judging me. I have a problem with people saying, as you did Austin, that there is no excuse for going to a concert of this new version of the band and no excuse for not having gone when Glenn was alive. That's a personal judgment, and yes, I resent it.

Maybe you should have a thread about how much you dislike Eagles 3.0 and resent anyone who supports it.
    I was referring to F50 alone with that comment. He makes snide comments and baits us. And sometimes says things to pull on our heartstrings. He's just a troll.

I'm sorry too if I offended someone too. I do admit. I kinda wanted to keep the Classic West/East thread positive because I really didn't enjoy the negativity about them continuing and this board was basically becoming a negative board either for people who either didn't agree with them continuing or for people who was ok with them continuing. Technically both sides are not happy with each other. I wasn't kicking anybody out. I just wanted that thread to be where the people who is ok with them continue to talk about it and get excited for those shows just like you guys have this thread to talk negative and called the guys (especially Don) names for continuing.

Like maryc said when you said why you can go to the concert now, but couldn't when Glenn died really hurt my feelings and I did get very defensive just like when you get defensive when somebody makes you mad, Austin. Talking for myself, I'm not trying to pissed anyone off about their opinions,

I'm already regretting for not going to see the Eagles when Glenn was alive. To this day I'm still sad I couldn't see him and that statement drove a knife in my back for already regretting for not seeing them. That's why I want to see them. I can see them now without the problems that had stopped me those other times. Its not because I didn't like Glenn and didn't want to hear him when he was alive. Its definitely not that. I think about Glenn everyday. Just because I'm still not mourning over Glenn for not being here doesn't mean I don't care that he's not here.

If you noticed, I barely come in this thread and post something. I might had wrote 5 or 6 replies in this thread. I do read this thread, but I just ignored the replies and don't say nothing. But when I get judged, I do try to state my opinion.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-17-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley