Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I'm curious, were the Eagles selling out stadiums during the HOTE tour? My impression is that they haven't played stadiums since HFO, except for festivals, etc.
    I think the only time they sold out stadiums was overseas (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I speculate that the choice to use a stadium now with the Classic format was driven by the fact that they were marketing it as a "festival." That was justified when there were six acts... but not so much when there are two.

many people never got to see them and that it would be a dream come true for fans to see them just once in their life.
    Well, I hope they are able to make their life-long dream come true this time around, since apparently they weren't able to make it come true any of the other times the Eagles toured.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think the only time they sold out stadiums was overseas (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I speculate that the choice to use a stadium now with the Classic format was driven by the fact that they were marketing it as a "festival." That was justified when there were six acts... but not so much when there are two.

Well, I hope they are able to make their life-long dream come true this time around, since apparently they weren't able to make it come true any of the other times the Eagles toured.
    I agree. One band does not a festival make. Will be interesting to see how the Northwest concert with two bands (Eagles and Doobies) does.

The last time I saw the Eagles in concert I didn't think it would literally be the "last time" but with Glenn Frey gone - it's over. The Eagles touring today with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey in the lineup to compensate for the loss of Glenn Frey isn't a game changer for me nor should it be. This is a different band.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I agree. One band does not a festival make. Will be interesting to see how the Northwest concert with two bands (Eagles and Doobies) does.

The last time I saw the Eagles in concert I didn't think it would literally be the "last time" but with Glenn Frey gone - it's over. The Eagles touring today with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey in the lineup to compensate for the loss of Glenn Frey isn't a game changer for me nor should it be. This is a different band.
    That's one of the reasons why, after weighing it, we decided to take the gamble that they'd play Knoxville next year. We've seen the "Eagles" in a true sense of the word, watching the HOTE show. And I've seen them, in an even truer sense, when it was the 5 members who were active when they stopped in 1980.
    Do I want to see them again? Yes. Am I willing to risk not seeing them? Yes.

Amen....they had chances to see them when Glenn was with them unless they are a newborn toddler, lmao. They were around MORE than they are now.

They toured heavily for HOTE and LROOE and you're telling me you couldn't go to one of those but are considering traveling to one of these random dates over the USA because you didn't see them and you want the band to continue without Glenn because of the fact you couldn't see them. So instead of seeing them with Glenn, you are traveling to go see a watered down show and call it the Eagles. And now somehow than before, you are able to see them. Sorry, but no. That's just not a good reason to keep the band going. It just doesn't bode well with me.

Sorry, I just don't buy that. At. All.

Border Desperado

For me, this is far from a dream come true. I mean 95 was a dream come true, and 13 was icing on the cake.
    This will just be a chance to hear some great musicians and singers do it one more time....if they come here. I would go see any of them if they came to town.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree with BB1976. Of course I wish I got to see Glenn but I was still a kid & teenager at the time and my parents couldn't afford to see them for most of it and the other time they did come here we happened to already have a planned vacation in another state to visit relatives there. I'm and my family aren't not going to miss a chance to see them while Don, Joe, and Timothy are still here and I can see them together (as I've already seen Don & Joe solo finally). We thought we still had time to see them with Glenn but that didn't work out. Plus, I wanted them to do a public memorial to Glenn that aired on TV but since they didn't this is the next best for me.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Amen....they had chances to see them when Glenn was with them unless they are a newborn toddler, lmao. They were around MORE than they are now.

They toured heavily for HOTE and LROOE and you're telling me you couldn't go to one of those but are considering traveling to one of these random dates over the USA because you didn't see them and you want the band to continue without Glenn because of the fact you couldn't see them. So instead of seeing them with Glenn, you are traveling to go see a watered down show and call it the Eagles. And now somehow than before, you are able to see them. Sorry, but no. That's just not a good reason to keep the band going. It just doesn't bode well with me.

So you expected if they wanted to see a show they could dropp everything they were doing and I dont know maybe see if they could afford ot or they didnt have anything planned/family emergencies?

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

So now we have gone from passing judgment on the Eagles for doing what musicians do--perform on stage--to passing judgment on fans who didn't see the band with Glenn and want to see the band now. This thread has officially hit a new low. It's one thing to slam Henley as money-hungry and greedy as well accusing him of "eating" the words that he spoke mere weeks after Glenn passed--he's a public figure. He's going to be a target regardless. But to criticize fans, including members of this board, for wanting to see the band perform, even without Glenn, has me baffled and offended. Is this the Twilight Zone? I thought this was an Eagles fansite, where we are glad if some one's "dream come true" to see the band live comes to fruition.

You don't have to buy it, Walshfan, because no one owes you an explanation or an apology. But I'll repeat what I said in another post as food for thought. The last two years we have seen an unprecedented number of popular musicians die, and this has no doubt ignited a desire among many fans to see their favorite bands while they still can. It doesn't matter if they could have, would have, should have done it beforehand. And it's no one else's business either.

It appears to me your resentment over the remaining Eagles continuing on has spilled over from Henley to Vince Gill and now first-time concert-goers.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Just stop with condescendtion. People have MANY reasons they couldnt see them. For me I was planning on seeing thme but I got sick with mono the last time they came. Then I had a family memeber go through a very serious Medical operation that could have killed them

If they decide to tour again for whatever reason and the fome to my area I am going to be damn sure I am able to make it. The band is still on my Bucketlist. They came to my area twice with Glenn but I missed out both times do circumstances that I had no control over.