Page 108 of 166 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

When the Eagles stop touring, they're finished, as far as I can see, and unlike The Beatles, there wont be 1000s of inspired acts, worldwide, readily playing their music.

There was a time when fans bought records and/or attended concerts but I'm not sure how you'd define a fan in the future, running a fansite is one but for the Eagles, I reckon it's anyone who adds to their income. "If you keep payin', we'll keep playin'"

I think there is a difference here between generating revenue and keeping the music alive. If they don't tour anymore, but people still listen to the music, they may not be making as much money, but the music is still alive. So, anyone who can't afford to go to concerts isn't a fan?? That's ridiculous.

I don't think the only reason The Beatles are still relevant is because they keep re-issuing box sets or because of Paul and Ringo's recent material. I'm a younger Beatles fan; I don't have the money to buy every box set that comes out, nor do I want to, and I have no idea what Paul and Ringo are releasing now. That doesn't make me any less a fan. If The Beatles never issued another box set that would not diminish the cultural impact they had in the 60s.

The same is true for the Eagles. The music stands on its own and will live forever, regardless of what they do now.

Stuck on the Border

The other possibility is that no one knows what keeps the music alive. The Beatles are a special case. Better to think of what keeps The Beach Boys, Santana or Fleetwood Mac alive. And even with Fleetwood Mac, how many people remember and listen to the Peter Green version?

Just thnk of those really big acts from the 70s and how little you hear of them. Whenever I see a poster from one of the big events, it gets me wondering whatever happened to ...?

Stuck on the Border

Another Vince Gill interview. He keeps it simple and inoffensive.
    Vince Gill has worked with his share of musical heavyweights, from Merle Haggard to his wife, Amy Grant. However, the multi-award-winning country singer... never imagined he’d be filling in for the late Glenn Frey in the Eagles.

“I never saw that coming in a million years,” Gill said. “The music of the Eagles was everything to me when I was younger. They’re the best American band in history to me because their songs are so great. I knew them all as a kid. I learned them all and played them so it’s fun 40-plus years later to get to go play these songs with those guys.

“It’s bittersweet because I realize this is only happening because of, sadly, the passing of Glenn,” Gill continued. “That’s first and foremost in my heart. I’m trying to honor an old friend and help out some other old friends that can use some help. People love hearing these songs and I, for one, think they should always be played. I’m grateful to get the opportunity to help them out.”
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/event...o7lmm6RwbURBO/

Banned

I'm sure he appeals to many but I'm not impressed with Vince;

I Can't Tell You Why (with Eaglemania):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7WOJwhVfLs

Take It To The Limit (with Joe Walsh):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWRed9ZFSI

Peaceful Easy Feeling:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wZhXQdbrY

I think, in that article, Vince phrased things a bit more clearly. Thanks for posting it. There are still people that make the other argument, but I'm glad he's not one of them.

However...

"People love hearing these songs and I, for one, think they should always be played. I’m grateful to get the opportunity to help them out.”

Whether or not this tour happens won't affect whether or not these songs will "always" be played; it will affect how often they will be played in the next few months, obviously, so the latter part of the sentence is certainly accurate.

Ah, well. I don't want to jump on every statement this poor guy makes. The whole situation pisses me off but I am trying to not be a jerk about it. I just hate all the press BS.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I don't hate the press. I would be upset if the press were just to go "meh, who cares?"

I do wonder how the rehearsals are going and who's in charge. My guess is that this is the time when Glenn is missed by the band rather than when they get in front of a paying audience.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I don't hate the press. I would be upset if the press were just to go "meh, who cares?"

I do wonder how the rehearsals are going and who's in charge. My guess is that this is the time when Glenn is missed by the band rather than when they get in front of a paying audience.
    I went on Don's, Joe's and Vince's websites. Don, Joe or Vince can't rehearse at this moment. Don last day for his solo dates is this Sunday. Joe's last day is tonight and Vince has shows on the 17th, 18th, 19, 20th and the 22nd. He doesn't have any shows between 23 and 28. So they probably will rehearse again during that time and I think once Vince is done with his June 30th show, its probably going to go in back into full swing up until the 15th. Probably polish what they rehearse before Don, Joe and Vince went back on the road.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

UTW - I think it is probably safe to assume Don(and Irving) is in charge. I would guess Don has no problem adjusting to it.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 06-16-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Just read a Rolling Stone interview with Paul McCartney where he states "You could never replace John (Lennon)..He was irreplaceable.."...Where did i hear that before?????